approved RD 08/07/2001

dhe_raji

Registered Users (C)
I have been a silent visitor on this site (with a different ID) for close to 3 months and now it's my turn to disclose the good news.

My case has been approved on 24th July 2002.

My dates are RD 08/07/2001; ND 09/27/2001; FP 04/08/2002 and
AD 07/24/2002. EB3 and currently in VA.

I haven't received the approval Without my own share of drama, frustration and spice added. I was laid off on Jan 3rd 2002 (150 days into I-485). I was so confident (over !!!) with my previous job , didn't even bother to apply for EAD. Never informed INS about my job change.

Soon after lost my job, applied and got EAD from local INS office in Philadelphia, PA in 4 weeks. Luckily found another job with similar description in little over a month and joined new job/new company on Feb 14th 2002 (190 days into I-485) in a different state (VA). My previous employer kept my GC alive and also the attorney support. After finishing my FP in April, I have asked the lawyer to update INS with my new address in VA. So far I haven't received any notification either from INS or the lawyer about the status of my address change (gave couple of calls and E-mails to the attorney to let me know if there was any problem regarding my address change with INS but never got any reply !).

Yesterday AVM message changed to approved !!!!

Thought my case might help others having been in similar situation. Hang in there ; have faith in GOD and prey from your heart ; things would eventually happen in your favor.

Thanks.

THANKs FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES. I have already updated the rupnet tracker.

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna and the people on this forum. This forum has been of great help to me and i hope everybody will have a their approvals without many troubles and mind blowing pressures.

good luck !!!

Congratulations!!! I guess you are lucky they did not ask for any RFE on your previous employment.

yeah !!! you are right. I was reallly lucky not to have received any RFE. I am just, god willing, hoping that my passport stamping should be over as smooth as possible.

Thanks.

with the approval letter, what else do you have to worry about?
The PP stamping should go smooth....Good luck to you!

dhe_raji

Congraguations on your Hari Pathha.

Just one question from me....I am in same situation of being laid off before 180 days. Currently I am working with another company with EAD. Did you inform INS about your job change. If so when did you inform them after 180 days or before 180 days.

My lawyer insisted that I send the Employment change letter, since 180 days have past since my RD.

Thanks in advance

Hattrick,
I am sorry for the late response.

I never informed the INS about my employer change. My lawyer doesn't want to inform INS upfront. He said we could inform INS only if there was any RFE.

I just went by what he said. But i did insist that my address change should be notified to INS as i moved over to a different state after FP.

I hope this answers your question.

good luck !!!