Approved!! Rd 03/19/03

amusk

Registered Users (C)
Approved!! Rd 03/19/02

It's my day!!!!

Online status says my case is Approved on 10/29/03.

There are many twists and turns in my GC saga, let me tell you what kind of situation I had been through. I choose CP option in I140 and made all my arrangements to visit my folks in India some time during Feb - Jun 2002. But INS thought otherwise and approved it for AOS. Sensing lay off from the company( I was not in consulting), decided to go for AOS instead of sending I140 back to INS for correction because You know never know what appens once it is back in their court.

As feared, got laid off just 40 days after applying I485, but I was banking on AC21 clause "you can change the employer if the case is not adjudicated within 180 days". As there was no option for me, I accepted a job offer that falls under NSC juridiction and sent AR11 for my wife and kid for address change.

Then comes the FP issue, everybody was getting FP notice within 2 months after they apply I485 but not for me. After much waiting I got my FP notice in May 2003 to my new location in NSC area but my wife's FP went to our Lawyer and the FP location mentioned was in VSC area. I didn't notice the location difference until we went to give FP at my ocation, luck favored me this time and they accepted both my FP and my wife's. Then comes another surprise, guess what, we got another FP notice in Jul 2003. I called my Lawyer and INS to find out why there is another FP notice, butthey too didn't have any clue and suggested me to go ahead and give FP again, so we did FP again. Normally the status will be update to something like "process resumed" after FP but in our case the status was updated as "received FP and they are under review".

Then comes the final one, I planeed to visit India in DEC so applied for AP, I checked the status from my AP& I485 on 10/28, AP status showed that they need additional documnets of evidence, no change in I485 status.

Then comes BIG SURPRISE on 10/29 my I485 "APPROVED". Final glitch, my kid's status says some thing like "case could not be found for this number" ?????......

Last edited by a moderator:
> Approved!! Rd 03/19/02

Sorry guys! please read the subject as > Approved!! Rd 03/19/02.

Does anybody know how to update the Subject??

Congrats.
Good Luck.
Pls update www.rupnet.com/immigration

Well the late FP is a blessing-in-disguise in ur case.. :)

Addl info for AP should be Photo...!
My case got approved on9/17 and 9/26, my AP application was picked, and having found that it's approved, I guess they generated RFE for AP-Photos, knowing that I would totally Ignore..!!

Congrats amusk on your approval.

To update your post , click on edit button on the lower right hand corner of your post, make changes and save.

Thanks!!

Thanks everybody and I really appreciate the people who share their experience here, this forum has been a great help for me.

pingpong2:
I tried to edit the subject as you suggested but the change is not reflecting .

I could change the subject matter

Hey Amusk,
I just tried to test a post with subject matter as test and then edited to tested it works fine. You need to is hit the edit on the first posting of this thread and highlight the subject and retype the corrected info.

First of all Congratulations and great to see another approval in the forum

I have few questions that i need to ask , would you advise

1. Based on what you said you have u r AOS processing at VSC , but you moved to NSC location area because of job , usually in this type of situation the case gets transfer !!! but you are lucky one and got your FP notices to your address , right ?

2. Did you call BCIS and updated your new address or just filed AR-11 form ?

2. Did you inform BCIS about your employer change after you accepted the new job ?

3. Was it same job duties/title and same salary ?

can you please advise... thank you

I am in a situation here like this, my AOS is pending for more than 9 months at VSC and i have this new offer which is in new state falls under another BCIS judistriction , couldn't decide whether to accept or let it go because of known issues with BCIS ?

Would you please answer the questions !!

Thanks in advance ..

Re: > Approved!! Rd 03/19/02

Originally posted by amusk
Sorry guys! please read the subject as > Approved!! Rd 03/19/02.

Does anybody know how to update the Subject??

RD 19-MAR-2002
ND 08-APR-2002
FP1 --MAY-2003
FP2 -- JUL-2003
AD 29-OCT-2003

Is FP1 May 2003 or May 2002??

kvpt_mm

1. Based on what you said you have u r AOS processing at VSC , but you moved to NSC location area because of job , usually in this type of situation the case gets transfer !!! but you are lucky one and got your FP notices to your address , right ?

Yes I was lucky, my case was not transfered. I got FP notice and EAD renewal to my new address.

2. Did you call BCIS and updated your new address or just filed AR-11 form ?

I just filed AR-11.

2. Did you inform BCIS about your employer change after you accepted the new job ?

As it is not mandatory I did not but filled AR-11 with my new employer.

3. Was it same job duties/title and same salary ?

Yes, it is with similar title/duties and salary.

can you please advise... thank you

I am in a situation here like this, my AOS is pending for more than 9 months at VSC and i have this new offer which is in new state falls under another BCIS judistriction , couldn't decide whether to accept or let it go because of known issues with BCIS ?

My Lawyer advised me to just file AR-11, this may not trigger case transfer all the time. In my case, I did not want to stay without job for a long time because if BCIS sends any RFE I need to have atleast 3 months pay stubs. So there was not much choice for me other than accepting the new job and move on. I personally feel that it is not good idea to stay without job for loger time when our case in pending. It is totally your call to take the decision now.

Wish you good luck!!!