Approved people, please comment

mango_pickle

Registered Users (C)
My spouse (derivatory) hasn't had any LUD changes since 5/26.
LUD : 4/8 ... 5/26

I (primary) had these

4/8 ... 5/26 ... 6/2 ... 6/9 ...7/14 ... 8/13

On 7/14 I had RFe and 8/13 was RFE received message change.

Does this mean that my husband's case hasn't been opened ? Is there a chance for him to get approved without changes to LUD anymore ? Does dependent get approved with primary without any LUD changes in dependent case ?

My case has been approved on 11th of this month. My spouse is still not approved.
While my LUD changed 3 times after the 2nd FP, hers changed only once after response to RFE received.
I am confused now, I have no clue when my wife's app will be approved! ?!?

My wife's LUD never changed except for FP, Address Change and Approval. Though mine changed couple of times before approval. I dont see any reason why dependent's LUD should change before approval except for some thing like Address Change and Finger Prints.

After stamping my LUD changed but not my wife's thats strange I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have always said "DO NOT GO BY LUD's"! Ever!

The system is not really as optimum as it should be. It often does not reflect the true state of affairs. Having said that, have to go with rk4gc on this one. It is possible that your husband's case hasn't been opened. And if my case (primary) was an example, there was no change whatsoever in LUD's before approval. (And if that can happen to a primary case don't see why it can't happen to a derivative.) But as far as your third question is concerned, that is again up to INS, depends on how near the two cases were filed (primary and derivative), if the dates were close together then there is a very high chance that they will both be approved by the same officer at the same time since the cases are linked, but if there is a time lag between the two cases, then that need not be true. There have also been instances of derivative cases getting approved before primary ones.

My LUD did not change even after 2nd FP. But the primary applicant's did. We were approved at the same time. So, take it easy and don't add another one to your already existing worries (I mean, worry of getting approved). Your spouse and you should be approved at the same time if you don't have a birth certificate, medical exam report or marriage certificate issue. That has been the usual trend.

Good luck!

SGM