approved :::::or not approved

CAF

Registered Users (C)
Our I-485 approved on Dec 3 as online messages says, but have not got notice yet, I went to local INS office on Dec 6 since my wife was traveling oversea and we print out the approval message from the web, INS officer checked her system and said this case is not approved yet..........any idea whats going on

ONLINE MESSAGE
"This case has been approved. On December 3, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by the number of views (112 as of now), I'd say people have no answer. Have you tried making an inquiry? It shouldn't take that long. But they will only accept it past 14 days from the online message, right?
I'd say, sorry but most likely you're not approved, especially if you don't get the actual approval notice.

I just corrected this - it is 14 days.

recheck your lin#

check you LIN number again to see if you made an error on your LIN number. Otherwise I will call them up again.

Contact your lawyer

CAF said:
Yes I did checked the lin#'s both for my and my wift's both shows approved.
Contact your lawyer and have him send a letter with the printouts of the approvals and notice details. I think it must be a formality issue, Good luck!!

CAF!!!
Did you create any account profile for USCIS case status ? Did you notice any change in LUDs before and after the approval message ??

There was rfe issued, and then LUD changed after I mailed the required info it again changed that they have got the papers then after some days I say approved notice for me and for my wife , even thou the rfe was only issued to me.

You haven't answered clearly. LUD is different from Case Update date that you see in the status update description. You can see LUD if you created account profile on the USCIS case status website

Did you create account profile on the USCIS case status website ??

Do you see any last update date (LUD) in your account profile say after 4th dec??

Did you check the case status by calling Automated voice messaging system (AVM) 800-375-5283 ? If so, whats the status that it says ?

My advise is call your congressman's office and just ask them to find out your case status. My congressman's office used to call INS while putting me on hold for couple of minutes and find out the status for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I have not got the approval notice, and its been 14 day now. today I called INS customer service # and they said they cannot do inquiry after 14 days, call back past 30 days. is it 14 days or 30 days??