approved on 6/3/04

xdai

Registered Users (C)
This came as a total surprise. I did a usual daily check at the USCIS website this morning and saw status showing "updated on 6/7/04". Then I clicked the case number and, boom! saw the word "...approved ...". I clearly felt my heart heavily pounding for a few seconds. Then I checked the phone again just in case that the online system got screwed up and heard the same message. Also I got four emails (two for me and two for my spouse) saying the same thing. Now I think it's real.
U can see the whole process from my signature. The only thing that I want to add is that I contacted senator Lautenberg in the beginning of April and heard from him that my case was in the adjudication area as of 4/7/04. But I don't think he helped because the online message showed that the last updated status of my case was on 4/2/04, a few days before he made the inquiry on my behalf. Another thing is that the primary got laid off a few days short of 180 days after filing 485 and never informed INS. As u can see we didn't get any RFE.
Now let me say good luck to everyone that's still waiting. I am not the luckiest, nor am I the most unfortunate.

hi xdai,

just got my i140 approval dtd 06/02/04,,, havent done any finger printing yet, so, does it mean that i will be waiting for another year or so before i get my greencard?
my notice date is for my i485 is 08/25/03 concurrently filed with my i140, eb3 case

thanks for any advice you can give, i would really appreciate it alot.

edvtorres

edvtorres

I think I'm among the very few that gave FP so late. All my friends did FP couple of months after filing. But now I think the late FP probably worked to my advantage. So I really have no idea when u will have ur FP. That's way beyond my imagination and judgement.

Thanks for all the warm wishes.

also to update u guys I got approval notice courtesy copy at home yesterday. Plan to go for stamping next week. Will post later.

Congratulate !

Congratulations to Xdai.

Edison_NJ: Have you ever contacted senators /congressmen about your case? Wishing your case will be approved soon!