--->approved, now have a question. URGENT!!!!

RD_OCT2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

My application got approved. (please refer to my very previous thread).

I am now overseas and in the airport returning to USA. I am holding a copy of advanced parole and 485 filing receipt.

Question is that: Should/Will I get my approval stamp on my passport at the port of entry OR should I just use the Advanced parole like what I did before.

I will be boarding in 2 hours or so, THUS, please share your thoughts so that i know what to do before I get into the plane....

many thanks!

U need to come back as an AP

Should not be a problem.....Once you have the notice, u need to go to your local INS to get your passport stamped, or other alternative is show the notice at POE

Please can somebody concur......

Use AP

I believe you will need to use your AP this time. Do the stamping after you return to US.

RD_OCT2001, how was your re-enty into US? Just curious as I may experience similar issues: using AP to travel abroad, but 485 may get approved during the process. My company lawyer said in the rare case, port of entry officer may have issue with it, as technically speaking, AP expires as soon as 485 is approved. But we know no sensible person/officer would really apply that rule.

As I stated in my other thread that my 485 got approved while I was abroad. PGC, to answer your question, I entered the USA with AP WITHOUT any problems at all.

Obviously, you will be called into a waiting room (at least at JFK custom) as you entered into the POE. I showed the AP to the official and had a pleasant conversation with the officer. ( I guess not all the INS officers are mean :) ).

(----OFFICIER:----)
You have not got your card (greencard) yet?
(----ME----)
No. why?
(----OFFICER:----)
Well, according to my computer, a card has been ordered for you
(----ME----)
Really? well, it is about time. You have no ideas how much time it takes for the INS to get something done...
Yup, I know. Everything with the government is slow.
(----ME----)
I can tell from INS.
hahaha

Well, bottom line is that I entered to USA with the AP while the 485 was approved when I was abroad. I had the 485 filing receipt with me but she did NOT ask for it...and from the conversation I had with the officer, it sounds like the physical card is on the way too.... (Can someone please elebrate on how long it usually takes from the status changed to approved to the date we will receive the PHYSICAL card????)

Also, just a correction to my other thread. My RD is OCT 26, 2001. (not 2000 as I made a typo on the other thread).

Good luck to everyone here....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for the detailed information. Congratulations again on your approval. Enjoy...

congratulations!

Originally posted by RD_OCT2001
As I stated in my other thread that my 485 got approved while I was abroad. PGC, to answer your question, I entered the USA with AP WITHOUT any problems at all.

Obviously, you will be called into a waiting room (at least at JFK custom) as you entered into the POE. I showed the AP to the official and had a pleasant conversation with the officer. ( I guess not all the INS officers are mean :) ).

(----OFFICIER:----)
You have not got your card (greencard) yet?
(----ME----)
No. why?
Well, according to my computer, a card has been ordered for you
(----ME----)
Really? well, it is about time. You have no ideas how much time it takes for the INS to get something done...
Yup, I know. Everything with the government is slow.
(----ME----)
I can tell from INS.
hahaha

Well, bottom line is that I entered to USA with the AP while the 485 was approved when I was abroad. I had the 485 filing receipt with me but she did NOT ask for it...and from the conversation I had with the officer, it sounds like the physical card is on the way too.... (Can someone please elebrate on how long it usually takes from the status changed to approved to the date we will receive the PHYSICAL card????)

Also, just a correction to my other thread. My RD is OCT 26, 2001. (not 2000 as I made a typo on the other thread).

Good luck to everyone here....

Sounds like they ordered you a card without stamping nor FP? Are you sure they would do that? Just wondering...

Jan485.

I actually have done my FP in Feb of 2002...Knowing INS, it would not surprise me at all if they indeed ordered the physically card before they update the online status from approved to card ordered.

hope that helps.

Jan485.

I actually have done my FP in Feb of 2002...Knowing INS, it would not surprise me at all if they indeed ordered the physically card before they update the online status from approved to card ordered.

hope that helps.

Iam not still clear..about your message postings..?

Could you explain clearly..about receipt date..and hOw did u land up physical card with out receiving approval and stamping on your passport..?

Please explain me clearly..

Thank,
raj

Could you explain clearly..about receipt date..and hOw did u land up physical card with out receiving approval and stamping on your passport..?

Thank,
raj

Thank,
raj

Thank,
raj

raju4usa, I can tell that you are very anxious to get your questions answered from your multiple posting...

My RD is Oct 26, 2001,
FP is in Feb 2002,
Approval Date: Feb 1, 2003 (while I was abroad)

I entered USA with Advanced Parole and the officer at the Port of Entry (POE) hinted to me that a card has been ordered for me. I am not too sure what that means and what card she is referring to...)

In any case, I have received the approval notice today, Feb 10, 2003. The approval notice states that my case was approved on Feb 1st 2003 and I can show up in a local INS office (for me, it is NYC office) on any Friday , along with the notice letter, 2 ADIT style picture, I-94 and passport to have the passport stamped and I am guessing that perhaps they will start the process of making the physical greencard then....Having said that, I honestly do not know exactly what card the officer at POE was referring to but I would not worry too much about it now...

A long story short...
--my case (RD: Oct 26, 2001) was approved on Feb 1st. 2003
--I have received the approval letter on Feb 10, 2003 to ask me to have the passport stamped.
--I am planning to do so on this Friday and will provide the stamp experience once I have done that...

Hope that clear things up a little and good luck to everyone here...