Approved---New Year Gift..

hi wasamericandesi,

you said that you changed job before 180 days. But in your AC21 then how do u say that you cahnged jobs well after 180 days. Slightly confusing. I am in a similar situation. Kindly explain.

CTM

Thanks for all your wishes. Passport Stamped.

Folks:

Thanks for all the wishes and Happy new year. I got my passport stamped. It was a 5 minute affair.

8:02 Stood on a Q to collect a ticket
8:10 My number came up. I asked them about wife's I-131 (which was returned to them by post office, and my wife's pending I1-485). First the IIO was surprised that our applications has been separated and looks like she sent notification to CSC to review my wife's 485.

8:20 Then I submitted the courtesy copy and I-94 and she asked for passport. I accidently gave my wife's passport and she almost stamped on it (I scremed her stop stamping). then I gave my passport she stamped on it.The stamp looks very silly and I am surprised she didn't even asked me for another ID such as Drivers License or so.

She also took my signatures (two) and finger prints from my two fingers and thats it.

8:24 out of USCIS local districe office.

Hope this helps.

Now answers:

Hopeful0820:

Congratulations first! It is amazing that CSC processed your case within 2 months of transfer. Do you know if this is normal?

Thanks for the wishes. I am not sure about the processing time. I think the Fax inquiry backed it up.

Did you request a transfer under your lawyer's advice?

No. My attorney was not for it. I liked the idea of requesting transfer as my I-140 was processed by CSC (after intentiding to deny it). Also at the time of request to transfer CSC was faster than TSC.

Did TSC transfer your case because of your request, which was 9 months earlier?

I think so. My request was sent to TSC with a clearrequest and personal attention to Officer # 481 who was responsible for my file. I got Officer number from an IIO in TSC when the old Service center telephone numbers were active.

I submitted my TSC case in June 2001 although I lived in CA. Now I am still waiting for approval. Maybe I should request a transfer?

I am not sure whether they will do it. In my case the I-140 was approved by CSC and I strogly believe that TSC insted of requesting CSC to transfer my I-140 file, they used my letter and transferred my 485 to CSC. Please contact me through the private message channel, I Can share the letter format I sent to TSC requesting the Transfer.

Canttakemore:

I took the new job just 9 days before the 180 days. I started to get the my paycheck after 180 days.

Thanks
wasamericandesi

wasamericandesi

I just saw your reply to my questions. Thanks a lot. The reason I submitted my case to TSC although I was living in CA was my I-140 (NIW self petition) was approved at TSC. My lawyer suggested it and I also got a notice from INS saying you have to file where I-140 is approved if it is an EB I-485. I guess I will not request transfer as I really do not know if this will help or not. Your case is quite unique since your I-140 is approved at CSC. But in the end, you got approval much faster than people sending cases to both TSC and CSC. Guess you are really lucky.

The endless waiting is killing me.