Approved---New Year Gift..

wasamericandesi

Registered Users (C)
Dear Folks:

I am finally there!!!. My wife is yet to Join though.

Here are the important dates:

PD: 10/2000
I-140 RD: 1/2001
I-140 AD: 1/2002 (After Notice of Intent to Deny!) by CSC
I-485 RD : 4/2002 by TSC (Applied in TSC as I was living in Dallas)

10/2002
Lost Job; Moved to AZ from TX before 180 days and took up a job before 180 days.

12/2002: Requested TSC to transfer by application from TSC to CSC as AZ comes under the CSC

4/2003: FP.

9/2003: TSC informed me that they are transfering my application to Tucson for Interview but actually they transferred to CSC.

10/2003: CSC acknowledged receiving my file.

11/2003: RFE from CSC on EVL,3yrs W2, explain if not working for petitioner, Medicals and Birth Certificate

RFE Response Received: 12/18/2003
485 Approved : 12/30/2003.

My wife case still says 700 etc days though.

Throughout the travel, this board has been a motivation factor. Thanks to Mr.Khanna, Sillyman, Kashmir, Go Astros and Advait (in another board).

Please feel free if you have any questions. Going for a vacation in few hours but will certainly reply questions next week. I am sure my case can help others because I didn't had a smooth travel!

1) oringal EB2 petition (I-140)was denied
2) Notice of Intent to Deny my I-140 (EB3). Motion to reopen helped
3) Filed 485 in TSC but requested transfer to CSC after about 8 months.
4) An AC21 case

My original name in this board was "american_desi". It did not work for some reason, so I have the new name "wasamericandesi".

Happy New year to all . I pray everyone gets their approval soon.

Thanks
wasamericandesi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!!

Congrats on completing a long and winding journey!! All the very best. Thanks also for posting a detailed count of your milestones along the way.

Cheers and a Very Happy and Fruitful New Year to you and all on the board!!

Did u file AC21 letter ? If yes then when did u file it? Could you post the contents of AC21 letter. I am also in a similar situation.

thanks
CTM

AC-21 Letter that I sent to USCIS.

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

To:
U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services,
California Service Center,
P.O. Box 19485,
Laguna Niguel,
CA – 92607 – 0485

REF: Your request for Evidence related to my Adjustment Application
Applicant: My NameCase#: SRC-02-151-5xxxxx
Alien#: A00001234

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is in reference to your “Request for Evidence” on my I-485 application (SRC-02-151-5xxxx).

On April 15, 2002, my I-485 application was filed based on an approved I-140 sponsored by my former employer, “The Old Empolyer”. I was employed at “The Old Empolyer” as a Programmer Analyst from March 23rd 1998 till October 31st 2002.

In November 2002, pursuant to the “Employment Authorization Document” issued by USCIS and motivated by career prospects I accepted and began lawful full-time employment with “New Empolyer” as “Programmer Analyst”. My job duties are similar to my earlier job with “The Old Empolyer”.

In light of the portability provisions provided under AC21 (American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000), I have lawfully changed my employment after over 180 days since filing my adjustment application. I respectfully request your office, to adjudicate my I-485 accordingly under AC21 provisions.

Should you have any further questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Yours truly,

My Name
A#00011223
My address

Congrats

Great new year gift indeed.

Can you post the details of your birth certificate RFE. Did you submit original, affidivate or non availability etc.

Thanks.

Congratulations!!!

Did you also send any supporting documents with your AC21 letter? Basically, did you have to prove to BCIS that your new job is 'same or similar' to your old job.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

RFE Detail:

Submit a copy of civilly registered birth certificate that reflects a timely registration and indicated both parents full names. Provide the foregin language document along with an English Translation.(The File contains an English Translation of a Birth Record).

My response is as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is in reference to your “Request for Evidence” on my I-485 application (SRC-02-xxx-xxxxx).

I am here with attaching the copy of my Birth Certificate issued on behalf of Government of TamilNadu (India) in Native language (Tamil).

Please note the “English Translation”, I submitted along with 485 Application (also enclosed here with) was indeed issued by Govt. of Tamilnadu based on my request to provide the document in English.

Also attached is an “Affidavit” signed my father Mr.A.V.FatherName before the Metropolitan Magistrate (Chennai,India) solemnly affirming my birth date and location.

Kindly note that it is not a common practice to use full name in TamilNadu, India .Usually initials represent the first character of the last name, For example I go by R.MyName (where “R” stands for V.FatherName).

Should you have any further questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Thanks
Yours truly

important for wasamericandesi

hi wasamericandesi,

you said that you changed job before 180 days. But in your AC21 then how do u say that you cahnged jobs well after 180 days. Slightly confusing. I am in a similar situation. Kindly explain.

CTM

extra_dry_gin : I submitted a letter from my employer (EVL)

extra_dry_gin

I submitted a EVL from my (new) employer in that regard. The job description matched exactly with my original LC.

I don't think that we need to prove to USCIS that the new job is same (as long as the tilte is close enough). In my case the EVL exactly matched the LC description.

Hope this helps:

imp question for wasamericandesi

hi wasamericandesi,

you said that you changed job before 180 days. But in your AC21 then how do u say that you cahnged jobs well after 180 days. Slightly confusing. I am in a similar situation. Kindly explain.

CTM

for wasamericandesi

hi wasamericandesi,

CTM

wasamericandesi,

Congratulations first! It is amazing that CSC processed your case within 2 months of transfer. Do you know if this is normal? Did you request a transfer under your lawyer's advice? Did TSC transfer your case because of your request, which was 9 months earlier? I submitted my TSC case in June 2001 although I lived in CA. Now I am still waiting for approval. Maybe I should request a transfer?