Approved ND 08/03/2000 PD 03/1999 India

R9973

Registered Users (C)
Finally my case was also approved !!! Confirmed with IIO that case has been approved and an approval notice has been mailed out. She wouldn\'t tell me whether my wife\'s case has also been approved or not. Hope this helps all the august 2000 waiters, hang in there, your turn will come.

Why so long?

Please answer...just to understand why some cases take longer than others

1) Any RFE?
2) was your I140 approved for CP?
3) Did you change job or address?

no rfe, INS messed up

No Rfe, No Job or address change. INS sent my 140 to the consulate for cp processing by mistake. It was for 485 but somehow they messed up. I had called couple of weeks ago was told to wait a month as they had sent a memo to the consulate to get the 140 back. Got frustrated, stopped checking. Checked avm yesterday, got approval message. Checked it again 4 times, and then confirmed with IIO today. Guess its your luck, sometimes they messup randomly and if you are the "lucky guy", well u know how it is....

Thanks

I was so happy to read your post that instead of congratulating you i started asking questions!

CONGRATS &&& ENJOY!!!!

Congrats and a question.

How long did it take for the VSC to get you I-140 back from the consulate?

I am in the same boat, they said it will be 8-10 weeks, which sounds long time.

thanks in advance

Dont know...

I had called 9/16, was told that the memo to get the I140 back has gone out and they are waiting response from Consulate/NVC. Checked yesterday, case was approved on 9/24. Dont know the excat time, but I was told it should not be more than 30 days by the IIO on 9/16