Approved: ND 01/13/00!! Yes, Jan 2000!

VSC RD122399

Registered Users (C)
I can\'t believe it either! Details:
RD: 12/23/99
ND:01/13/00
FP:10/04/00 San Jose, CA
No RFE; Country Other
Approved 03/12/01 (just checked the AVM and found out). Haven\'t received approval notice yet (of course) or heard anything from the lawyer.

Here is what happened in my case:
After I-485 was filed our group spun-off into a separate company. FIle new H-1(in July 2000) and also a new I-140(Dec. 2000), both at CSC. The I-140 was filed just as back up although no RFE was received from VSC.
The new I-140 is yet to be approved. Apparently VSC approved the case on its original merits. Lawyer never informed INS-VSC about the spinoff.

Hasanali...Yours should be close!

No Title

well - hearty congrats! dont worry if you dont get too many replies since there have been many false postings in the lasy couple of days about approvals..

No Title

I am a regular contributor to this site. I didn\'t read any posts for the last 4 days and then checked AVM this afternoon. When I read the messages here, I realized that there have been some fake posting.

Mine is certainly not one!

No Title

I know you are not fake! you replied to a post earlier last week..
I dont know who has the time and inclination to post false and disgusting stuff like that..
thankfully, a lot of our people have learnt to ignore them..

No Title

Congratulations...I have a question to you. Is that company name is same on I-140 file and I-485 file ? Appreciate your reply.

No Title

Yes. The name is the same. As I mentioned, the group spun off *after* I-485 was filed. The ammeded/backup I-140 was filed on the basis of \'successor-of-interest\'. A colleague of mine filed his I-485 *after* the spin off (so his I-140 and I-485 have different company names on them) and his case has not been approved yet (CSC ND:09/2000). Apparently cases with different names are on hold til AC-21 regulations are announced by INS HQ.

Also my FP was done in San Jose and when I checked with FBI, they told me that the results had been sent to CSC.
I confirmed with my lawyer and it seems INS does keep a central database of FP results accesible to all service centers.

No Title

Thanks a lot. I live in NSC area but filed I-485 at VSC. Done FP on 3/8/01 but didn\'t verify with FBI whether they sent my FP results to NSC or VSC.

No Title

Congratulations! Did you file a change address when you moved to california? If yes, can you please tell me what form was used?

thanks and best wishes for the times to come ...

No Title

VSC RD122399
Congratulations !! Can you help clarify a few things ?
I assume you filed your 485 in VSC, why was your FP done in CA ? Were you able to choose where you want to do FP ? Do you think this makes the approval come faster or not ? Are you physically located in west coast or east coast ?
The reason I asked so many questions is I have similar situation except my FP was done in Newark.
Thanks
Terry

No Title

AquaLung: I never moved. My case was filed at VSC because company HQ lies under VSC area. My job has always been in SF Bay area.

However, I beleieve there is a form for Change of Address, available on INS website. A more direct method is calling IIO and updating your address.

No Title

TerryA: See my respose to AquaLung. My case was filed at VSC because of company HQ location. I always lived in SF Bay area. I don\'t think FP location improves processing speed (unless it is the ink type FP location - mine was electronic).

VSC automatically sent me FP for San Jose (based on my address I believe). I suppose they will send the approval (PP stamping) notice for San Jose too.

No Title

oh man,
Congradulation and all the best in the future!!!!i am very happy for you. my nd is as same as yours.
you are a free mannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!
you were so helpful on this site. thanks for sharing the information.
bye

No Title

Congratulations, one more question, did you file your new 140 amendment to CSC? without new Labor? and I guess you never tried to change your 485 from VSC to CSC? Anyway, this is great. You might be the first Jan.00 ND case approved.

No Title

Yes, the new I-140 was filed at CSC and there was no new labor as my job description and location did not change after the spin-off.
I never tried to change from VSC to CSC although it might have been a good idea given the fast speed at which CSC is working on I-485.

I feel lucky to be the first \'geniune\' ND:01/00 to be approved.