Approved May 2002 case

Aileen....

Aileen_gc said:
Well, I could say that I never had any problem checking my status over the phone until a month before my approval. Also I've tried to search answers on this forum and found out that most people who usually experience this "error messages" over the phone got approved after sometime. This is only based on my observation and I think all 2002 filers should get their approval anytime now since our RDs/NDs are way past its projected processing timeframes. And BTW, try to call TSC and inquire about your case...that day maybe your day when you get to talk to a nice officer. I prayed that everyone will get approved soon, I know the pain of waiting, though. God bless my fellow members.

I prayed

How did you get to speak with the TSC officer?

Ned, I will try to dial the INS' 1800 # again and see what option I chosed when I called them, this way I can give you an accurate answer. It seems that I got so overwhelmed with my GC approval :) I will post again tomorrow to answer your question, hope you'll get your approval soon...hang in there.

Thanks everyone!!! Anyway Ned, as promised I'm back. Ok, so here's what I did to get to talk to an officer. I dialed 1800-375-5283, pressed option # 2 ("If you have question about your application that you've already filed with us" or similar to that) then you'll hear 6 options, I pressed option #5 and after waiting for a few seconds, I got transferred to an officer. Make sure to tell an officer whom you'll be talking with that your notice date is way way past its projected processing timeframe...and that you checked their website at USCIS.gov that they are currently processing March 2003 applicants. Also make sure that you got your A# and receipt # when you call. Officer will also look for the primary applicant...if the derivative applicant is the one who's initiating an inquiry on a case. Expect to get some confusing answer from those officers, sometimes they would tell you that your case has been approved if your LUD says "Based on the approval o registration..." so don't get too excited with it 'coz they don't know what they're talking about :) Well, I hope that you'll get to talk to a caring officer who would tell you that you will hear from them within 30 days. My status changed to "we responded to your request..." after the inquiry I made (29 days later to be exact) and got approved after 17 days. Good luck and hope you'll get your approval soon.

Aileen_gc said:
Thanks everyone!!! Anyway Ned, as promised I'm back. Ok, so here's what I did to get to talk to an officer. I dialed 1800-375-5283, pressed option # 2 ("If you have question about your application that you've already filed with us" or similar to that) then you'll hear 6 options, I pressed option #5 and after waiting for a few seconds, I got transferred to an officer. Make sure to tell an officer whom you'll be talking with that your notice date is way way past its projected processing timeframe...and that you checked their website at USCIS.gov that they are currently processing March 2003 applicants. Also make sure that you got your A# and receipt # when you call. Officer will also look for the primary applicant...if the derivative applicant is the one who's initiating an inquiry on a case. Expect to get some confusing answer from those officers, sometimes they would tell you that your case has been approved if your LUD says "Based on the approval o registration..." so don't get too excited with it 'coz they don't know what they're talking about :) Well, I hope that you'll get to talk to a caring officer who would tell you that you will hear from them within 30 days. My status changed to "we responded to your request..." after the inquiry I made (29 days later to be exact) and got approved after 17 days. Good luck and hope you'll get your approval soon.

Aileen,
Are you sure that wasn't a customer representative ? Thanks