Approved local transfer case...

my status

Registered Users (C)
I went for interview on June 6 at Hartford. It lasted for 10-12 minutes and it was indeed breez through. Standard questions (employers in the past, H1 timeline etc). I was asked for employer letter, passport. However, the person who interviewd me said several time, what is the problem in this case, unless there one they don\'t send it to local office. Finally she did verify H1 & employer timeline and decided to approve.

I was carrying following documents -

- employer letter
- original (if not then copies) of all H1s, I-140,
  I-485, EAD, Labor
- all tax returns
- certificate: birth, nationality, degree
- reference letters from employer who are mentioned in
  the labor certification

Wear a suit (or some professional clothing), stay calm, smile (be not too obivious)

I was told card will arrive in 6-9 months.

No Title

congratulations. you mentioned that you carried letters from employer who filed the baor cert.; does this mean you changed employers?

No Title

when is your cased to local ins. How much time it took at local center

No Title

I carried current employer letter who applied for my GC. They want such letter stating start date of employment, salary, SS#, work location.

LC EB3 Mar 97
I-485 Oct 99
FP Mar 01
Transfer March 01 (last week)
Interview June

No Title

My status,
Please tell me when did you hear from Hartford Office regarding your interview and how many days after was your interview I believe its 90 days wating.

Please send me a reply.

Nick

No Title

Hi Nick,

Click on that userid you will get all previous postings by that user. His (my status) case was transferred on 3/29/01.

No Title

my status, are we required to take photographs for 485 interview ?
the interview notice does not say so. i am just curious.

No Title

Hi ListUser,
Did you got a notice for Interview from Hartford if yes please let me know after how many days you got this notice from transfer Date.

Nick

No Title

Nick,

My interview is in Baltimore on June 19th. The transfer was
on April 19th. (Sorry if I stumbled into Hartford thread
by mistake ;)

No Title

No. My attorney advised but I did not carry. Notice they send (hand written on pre-printed form) has instructions on back side.

No Title

Yes, hand-written on a pre-printed form. It was about 3.5 weeks in advance. I was called at 7:50am & they took me inside for an interview at 7:55am.

Click on my user-id to get more details done in the past.

No Title

Nick,

I heard from Hartford office in 6 weeks that my interview was scheduled in 3 weeks time. So from transfer to interview was about 9 weeks.

And now the waiting for actual plastic card.