Approved - LIN 245 after RFE's

sanjeevk

Registered Users (C)
Got 1st RFE for employment letter for self and birth date affidavits for wife. INS got the replies by Sept 4th. Then they sent 2nd RFE for wife for another affidavit. They received it by Oct 10th. Both cases were approved on Nov 4th. Online and phone was updated within 36 hours of approval. Thanks for all the info and Best of Luck.

Birth Date Affidavit RFE

Hello Sanjeevk

You said you recd RFE for birth date affidavit. Could you clarify whether you re-submitted your affidavit or gave a birth certificate non-availability letter.

Any clarification would be helpful

Affidavits since BC was made recently

Birth Certificate was not from the year of the birth. Common desi problem - so they ask for affidavits. I think it is better to provide affidavits at the time of filing 485. They need 2 affidavits - stating the name and parents name, relation to the applicant, stating that the person was present at the time of birth in the hospital. The person signing the affidavit has to give his address and his parents name too.

One more birth certificate question

Thanks for your reply

Both me and my wife have submitted two Affidavits from both our parents since we did not have bith certificate. Should that be enough? Also do I need to get the birth certificate non-availability letter from the Municipal authority where the person was born? I have seen many of our friends getting this RFE.

I just want to be prepared before any RFE comes.

RD: 11/13/01
FP: 01/29/02

Birth Certificate issues

If you do not have a BC then you need a NON-AVAILABILITY certificate from the municipal/corporation office with 2 affidavits. Sometimes INS specifically asks for them and sometime just 2 affidavits are sufficient. Who can tell what the adjudicating officer wants.......Anyways my opinion is to get the non-availabilty certificate if you dont have a BC with 2 affidavits. If your BC is recently registered then get 2 affidavits with u r recently registered BC. Hope this helps....

As a general rule always contact u r attorney.....what i mentioned above is just my opinion.

More Docs is always better

I think to be better prepared have that municipal document ready. Also have a few more affidavits in hand, in case they want affidavits from others, besides your parents. This will save time, if and when you receive the RFE's. Best of Luck.

Thats good to be prepared for expected RFEs, you can just plug and play if u got RFE when u have required docs in hand.