Approved(Jan 2002) -Stamped at SFO US-CIS

garth2k1

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share the good news with you all... :)

My I485 case was approved on June 4th 2004 after 27 months long wait.
I thank everyone for their contribution to the forum, especially Rajiv, Kashmir, PCee and other senior members.

The Details:
Labor Applied : March 28th, 2001.
Labor was approved in June/July 2001 I think. And, my I-140 was approved in September 2001.

I-485 :
Receipt Date : January 24th, 2002.
Notice Date : January 22nd, 2002.

1st FP : September 10th, 2002(got this after 2 enquiries)
3 EADs (Last one was never used)
3 APs (Last one was never used)
2nd FP : January 2004.
3rd FP : April 15th, 2004!!

Got Laid off on March 19th 2004.
RFE Issued on March 24th 2004.
RFE Related thread : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=753582#post753582

After lots of stressful days, joined my present company in beginning of May 2004.

RFE Replied : Received by US-CIS on May 26th, 2004.
I485 Approved : June 4th, 2004.

Passport Stamping Done(SF) : June 14th, 2004.

Waiting on the Plastic Card...

Thanks to the forum, Good luck to everyone...

-garth
WAC-02-094-5XXXX.

Congratulations, dude!!

Hey, can you tell what the RFE was for? Also, if there is any difference in your salary at the present company as compared to what you had in your Labour Cert?

My case is similar to yours, but I have a salary difference. It sounds you did not have an interview, so I am curious whether I wil have an interview or not.

Shak Man said:
Congratulations, dude!!

Hey, can you tell what the RFE was for? Also, if there is any difference in your salary at the present company as compared to what you had in your Labour Cert?

My case is similar to yours, but I have a salary difference. It sounds you did not have an interview, so I am curious whether I wil have an interview or not.

Thanks to everyone for the wishes...

Shak Man,
I had a salary difference too. The RFE was for EVL along with W2s for the past three years.

And you are right. I did not get an interview.

Good Luck,
-g

mango_pickle said:
Wow! Congratulations! You sure had stressful time. Go on a vacation.

Thank you mango_pickle. Since, I was in a hurry to join this new company, it is going to be a while before I could plan any vacation!

Anyways, this company's HR and their lawyer are very nice people and helped me out and I got my I485 approved... so no complaints :).

Feels good to be free of those visa worries.

Just the thought that, I don't have to deal with immigration lawyers anymore gives me such a pleasure... there is no word to explain :D

Good luck,
-g

Passport Stamping Experience...

Sure.

Date: 06/14/2004

I took BART from fremont to SF(Montgomery) and arrived at 444 Washington St(7.30am) there was a long line leading into Sansome st.

Line moved slowly. At around 8.15am a lady officer showed up asking if anyone has approval notice with them, and handed them with tokens(my number was 436).

Then, I got in through the Washington St. entrance. It is best to carry less things with you: My advise would be not to carry your cellphone if it has a camera in it.

After the security check, I went in and joined the hall full of crowd. At that time, they were serving Token#401(at 9.15am).

During this wait, I heard some announcement asking people who haven't gotten in yet to go home and come back tomorrow!! The crowd was large that day, probably because their office was closed on Friday of the privious week.

They called my number at 10.30am. Stamping was done within next 10minutes. They took my EADs and APs etc.

The officer told me that it would take 6months to an year to get the Plastic Card. I don't think she has any clue.

I chose to stand in Washington St. entrance because some body in this Forum mentioned that, that is the right one for I485 approvals. But later I met with some of my old friends in the waiting area and learnt from them that, they got in through Sansome st. entrance.

Hope this helps...
Good Luck,
-g

us_immigrant said:
Hi garth2k1,

Will you please share your stamping experience.

Thanks,

Hi us_immigrant,

They didn't ask me for any ID at the counter(where they do the stamping). Before I got inside the Building the security guard asked me for identification, I showed my passport and the Approval letter, then he let me in.

I A friend of mine who got the stamping done in San jose, mentioned that they asked for his DL at the counter and they made a photocopy of the same.
He lived in the same state all through the AOS process.

I assume you already have the approval notice with you: in that case, I doubt whether you have to worry about anything. Because the stamping process is pretty simple. Or, so it seemed to me. The officer checked the names from the Passport, and the Approval notice, and glanced over the name/picture from the Passport, EAD and AP. Again, your experience at the stamping place could be different.

My suggestion to you would be, to check with your Attorney.

Good Luck,
-garth.

us_immigrant said:
Hi garth2k1,

I have a question about photo ID. Did they ask you to show any photo ID at any point. I heard that they ask for Driver LIcense or State ID. That way they can see your picture and address also.

I have a problem. I have my address in state A for all INS purposes. I live in state B and hold DL of state B. Now my question is, if they insist on DL, the IO may see the different addresses and he may question.

I have other ideas. I will change my DL to state A. I wll wait and then only go for stamping. But again an intelligent officer may see the issue date and he may question.

What are their acceptable picture IDs. Is there a way that I can avoid showing DL

Please help.

Thanks