Approved in Irving, TX. Same day oath.

bkd52

Registered Users (C)
Its over, finally. Interview was scheduled for 10AM. I was allowed to enter at 9:30. Wife was scheduled at 10:30, but they allowed her in as we were together.

I was called in 15 min later. Apparently, the nice ;) IO accidently pulled my IL instead of someone else's. That works for me as the cut-off time for same day oath is 11:30AM. My wife had to wait until 12:30PM for her interview, so she did not get the same day oath.

Inerview was done in 15 min. Very straightforward. Asked a few personal data questions from the application, then the test questions. I didn't keep count, but I thought she asked more than 6 although I know I got them right. And no questions about my tickets. She asked me if I wanted to complete Oath at 1:30PM, and of course I said Yay. About 60+ people took the oath.:p

Now for the hard part. My wife is pissed that she will have to wait fo her oath. :( The problem is we have to go for a wedding to Canada on July 24. If she gets her oath scheduled right before July 24, she will not be able get her PP on time to travel to the wedding. Or can she?

Is it permissible to travel after oath but before getting PP? I suppose she can ask for a delay in the oath date? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a passport to get back to the country. You will be able to leave (and presumably enter Canada on your old country's password) but to get back to the US you will need a US passport. I guess you could go to Ottawa and get a transportation letter showing your certificate of naturalization.

If you have a passport agency close to where you live you could apply for a same day or next day passport if you have the plane tickets to show that you are traveling withing 2 weeks. Otherwise there is always the option of postponing. Keep us updated on when your wife receives her oath letter.

Congratulations on your citizenship! :)

Its over, finally. Interview was scheduled for 10AM. I was allowed to enter at 9:30. Wife was scheduled at 10:30, but they allowed her in as we were together.

I was called in 15 min later. Apparently, the nice ;) IO accidently pulled my IL instead of someone else's. That works for me as the cut-off time for same day oath is 11:30AM. My wife had to wait until 12:30PM for her interview, so she did not get the same day oath.

Inerview was done in 15 min. Very straightforward. Asked a few personal data questions from the application, then the test questions. I didn't keep count, but I thought she asked more than 6 although I know I got them right. And no questions about my tickets. She asked me if I wanted to complete Oath at 1:30PM, and of course I said Yay. About 60+ people took the oath.:p

Now for the hard part. My wife is pissed that she will have to wait fo her oath. :( The problem is we have to go for a wedding to Canada on July 24. If she gets her oath scheduled right before July 24, she will not be able get her PP on time to travel to the wedding. Or can she?

Is it permissible to travel after oath but before getting PP? I suppose she can ask for a delay in the oath date? :confused:

Congratulations!!

I think she probably will get scheduled for oath within next few days and it only takes couple of weeks to get passport when expedite. So you don't need to worry about the trip since it is still 7 weeks away. Worse case you can drive to Houston Passport office and get the passport in a day or so.

From June 1st, a passport or a passport card required to travel between US and Canada. So you can not just show the naturalization certificate and return back to US. Not any more. So if your wife does not get oath scheduled until mid July or close to your travel dates (worse case scenario), it is better to ask for a rescheduled date and go to Canada on GC.

Last edited by a moderator: