Approved in Denver INS

Dendal

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,
My receipt date is Sept 24th 2001.My case was transferred to Denver on Jan 2nd 2003.My interview was held on Feb 3 rd 2003.My wife's case and mine was approved and the officer stamped our passports immediately.I had a great relief.
Many times I had asked about Denver INS, but no reply.However I think it is one of the fastest local INS offices.
All the best everyone
This site was very helpful.

Congrats Dendal! Enjoy your freedom!

this is the best piece of news I had heard in the last few months.
I have been transferred to Denver INS as of yday and am very much concerned about a possible long wait.

Can you share with us the reason(just a guess) on why you were transferred and more importanlty what documents they asked for??

I would appreciate your feedback on the list of documents very much .

Thanks

Hi Dendal/Adjustee,

would you please let me know if Denver INS is still issuing EAD/AP on the same day. This is very important to me. Please respond..
Also, if you know one can mail AP thru mail to local Denver office instead of walk-in.

PDwaiter
Denver INS does not issue same day EAD/AP if your file is pending with NSC.
They would only look at your application if the file is with them.

But they issue interim EAD same day if your EAD app is pending for 90 days. That too they are going to stop by Mar1st., I was told.

But I think you can post the AP/EAD applications by mail and then get a quicker response from Denver INS than NSC. But I am not sure of this one and pls verify this with someone else before you act on this.

BTW! NSC approves EADs in exactly six weeks now. Safest and quickest.

Thanks

Hi Adjustee,
Well.I do not know the exact reason for transfer.However I think it is because I got married a few months before filing 485.
The local INS office just asked me to get an employment verification letter.That is all.
However I had all the documents with me.The officer only asked for my employment verification letter.
I hope this helps.

to adjustee

Hi adjustee,

I lost my EAD card, iam on H-1 and i dint use the EAD tilldate i took this card 3 months back can i apply for a replacement card at the denver local INS office.

Adjustee,
Denver INS always issued same day EAD (2-3 days for AP). I got teh same day EAD twice in Denver local office. I'm not sure if this has been changed recently ..

I heard they stopped after the procedural changes around after Nov20th last year. It was stopped for cases filed at NSC. For cases with local INS they are still doing that now. Plus they are doing 90day interim EAD for all cases.

Thanks

pdwaiter

Hi pdwaiter,

can u specify the details of u'r ead dates
1q)when did u apply for the first time and when did u receive

2q)second time when did u apply and when did u receive

3q)i heard that second time we should only apply for NSC and after 90 days we can request for IEAD is it true

4q) are u from Denver, CO

please answer these 4 questions

Adjustee,

The reason for the Transfer to Local INS, as Dendal has also mentioned, is for the Interview and verification of the Spouse, as Spouse' case was filed as follow-on.

Cheers,
Prince