Approved in Chicago

Glorya

Registered Users (C)
Ok guys… We had our interview this morning in Chicago. Interview was scheduled for 8:30 AM on the second floor of the USCIS building in downtown Chicago. Since we live relatively close, we were there early at 8:10 AM. The second floor room was big and packed with people, mostly Latinos. We’ve noticed a bunch of couples too, coming alone and with a lawyer. To be honest, we thought a lot of couples seemed fake. Just something about their body language with each other made me think that. Also, we were really surprised because no one had many papers with them. Majority of people had a folder with them and that was it. We had two huge bags full of stuff like we were going for a trip lol. At around 9:15 AM, big African-American called my name. I though he would take us to actual officers office because he seemed very friendly and young at first. But he took us to his office (also on second floor) and swore us in. He was extremely friendly, nice and polite all along. He didn’t act like a typical government employee.

Obviously, we were stressed, but this guy was so nice that tension disappeared as soon as we walked in to his office. He started off with our most recent ID’s after we completed questioning part (if I committed any crimes etc). We both had our previous addresses on there and he didn’t make any comments. Then he checked my passport and took out I-94. He had a big pile of stuff we already submitted in front of him and he was more interested in that than in new paperwork we brought with. He never asked questions about illegal employment or visa overstay. He just asked if I am working and he also asked my husband if he was employed. He even checked my husband’s website online, I was shocked. Then he opened up my medical and noticed that reaction to TB test was 12 mm. He wasn’t sure if that’s ok, so he left the office in order to check that out. He came back and said it’s fine. Then he looked at our birth certificates. After that was done, he asked if we had any evidence of the marriage such as lease or a bank statement. He said it’s ok if we didn’t have any documents in the same name as long as it’s the same address. We had plenty but he just glimpsed trough our bank statements, leases and property manager’s affidavit. He also checked our bills; it was a big pile so he wasn’t paying that close of attention. He just took some stuff for the file and stapled it in there and gave the rest back to us. Then he asked for photos. We had photo album, he looked at every single photo and commented a little. He was very thorough, I have to admit. Then he left to make copies of some of the photos. After he came back, he approved I-130 and then he said: “You are approved for permanent residency in the USA!!!” I could not believe. Interview was about 45 min long. The interview was easy, but the whole process was very stressful and hard… I still can’t believe we are done.

This forum was extremely helpful in the process, thanks to all of you guys.

xoxoxoxox

Glorija & Timothy

As I said..

Hi Gloria,

As I predicted, you are done and congratulations.. :p

I suspect timothy is going to have a good nite... :D I mean...a sweet nite.. :eek:

Once again...congrats...

Congratulations Gloria!!!!! :p Wishing You the Best!!!!

Can you share the website!!!! Curious minds wanna know :p (nah, just us computer geeks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys... Forgot to mention that he took away my EAD and AP (after I reminded him lol). He didn't stamp my passport but he said I should setup infopass if I need to travel urgently and they will stamp it. :)