APPROVED (I think!)

usrfdluj

Registered Users (C)
Today I received the email from CIS as following, and I believe we are approved. (Please let me know if you think otherwise)

Best luck to everyone. Looking back to my near 5-year long haul, I felt exhausted, yet energetic to the new chapter of my life! I never felt so free in my life!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 26, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Congrats! Enjoy your freedom!

Have you received the welcome notice for your spouse as well?
In your signature, you have mentioned that she did not get the invitation for last FP. Did she get it finally?

thank you

waiting_aos said:
Congrats! Enjoy your freedom!

Have you received the welcome notice for your spouse as well?
In your signature, you have mentioned that she did not get the invitation for last FP. Did she get it finally?
Thank you, Waiting_aos.

She did receive her FP notice 1 month later, after I got mine.

So the "welcome notice" email is for both of us.

Best of luck,

Congradulations to you, a old timer! It seems I am the only one left behind. Enjoy and wish me luck!

Congratulations!
Maybe I missed it, what did you do to help your name check cleared after 2.5 years pending?

It's not if you will get it, but when you'll get it

Thanks, guys! I am indeed an old-timer! So unless you are even "older" than I am, cheer up and hope for the best :)

For the question of Name Check, I contacted 2 senators and 2 congressmen, but no matter what you do, they can only inquire the status of your NC, but cannot expedite your NC. Only solution for the quick NC maybe a law suit against USCIS, which in turn will send expedite request to FBI. But downside is: 1. Expensive; 2. No guarantee it will work.

Both Congressmen (Dan Manzulo and Dennis Hesterd) are very helpful, professional and responsive. They made 4-5 requests, until one day, Hesterd office staff called me with the good news that my NC was cleared. I don't think their requests had any impact on the NC process, its timing just came after 2.5 years.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

What was your RFE about?

Also, have you noticed any LUD before approval? any LUD on your Approved I-140? (06/24/2006)?

Thanks for sharing.

Rambi

usrfdluj said:
Thanks, guys! I am indeed an old-timer! So unless you are even "older" than I am, cheer up and hope for the best :)

For the question of Name Check, I contacted 2 senators and 2 congressmen, but no matter what you do, they can only inquire the status of your NC, but cannot expedite your NC. Only solution for the quick NC maybe a law suit against USCIS, which in turn will send expedite request to FBI. But downside is: 1. Expensive; 2. No guarantee it will work.

Both Congressmen (Dan Manzulo and Dennis Hesterd) are very helpful, professional and responsive. They made 4-5 requests, until one day, Hesterd office staff called me with the good news that my NC was cleared. I don't think their requests had any impact on the NC process, its timing just came after 2.5 years.

Are you sure its approved because the message is some what misleading. the standard message is "This case is approved". On xxx date approval notice was mailed.

S_Reddy said:
Are you sure its approved because the message is some what misleading. the standard message is "This case is approved". On xxx date approval notice was mailed.

I received the same email from USCIS last week. We first got the "welcome notice" email then two days after we got another "approval" email. On the mail we received "welcome notice" and actual cards. Different Service Centers have different message/text on their emails. There are some who actually gets an email saying that a card has been ordered or mailed... in our case we never got an email like that.

Congratulations usrfdlug.

thanks, caveatemperor

caveatemperor said:
I received the same email from USCIS last week. We first got the "welcome notice" email then two days after we got another "approval" email. On the mail we received "welcome notice" and actual cards. Different Service Centers have different message/text on their emails. There are some who actually gets an email saying that a card has been ordered or mailed... in our case we never got an email like that.

Congratulations usrfdlug.
thanks, caveatemperor! Congratulations to you also! :)

To answer the question about my RFEs, we have a long list of docs that the attorney asked for. The attorney received the RFEs and asked me for the following things:

For myself:
1. Clear (preferably color) copy of the ID pages of your passport.

2. Copies of your W-2s from 2003, 2004 and 2005.

3. Two recently dated pay statements.

4. In addition, the remand has requested a letter from
company confirming the dates of your employment, job title, etc.

For Wife:
1. registered copy of your marriage certificate

2. Information regarding her activities in the U.S. subsequent to the
expiration of her OPT EAD card on April 30, 2003. Please confirm whether
she was employed in the U.S. after this date. If so, we'll also require
copies of all of EAD cards issued to her subsequent to February 2003 (the date we filed our I-485)

3. A letter from University Int'l student service, indicating she has been in good standing F1 status from xx/xx/xx through February 2003 (the date we filed our I-485)

LUD changed twice after USCIS received the RFE, and after 4 business days, the "welcome notice" email sent to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please post the RFE Wording

Thanks Usrfdluj.

Would it be possible for you to post the exact RFE wording for you and your wife?

Thanks much.

Rambi.

usrfdluj said:
thanks, caveatemperor! Congratulations to you also! :)

To answer the question about my RFEs, we have a long list of docs that the attorney asked for. The attorney received the RFEs and asked me for the following things:

For myself:
1. Clear (preferably color) copy of the ID pages of your passport.

2. Copies of your W-2s from 2003, 2004 and 2005.

3. Two recently dated pay statements.

4. In addition, the remand has requested a letter from
company confirming the dates of your employment, job title, etc.

For Wife:
1. registered copy of your marriage certificate

2. Information regarding her activities in the U.S. subsequent to the
expiration of her OPT EAD card on April 30, 2003. Please confirm whether
she was employed in the U.S. after this date. If so, we'll also require
copies of all of EAD cards issued to her subsequent to February 2003 (the date we filed our I-485)

3. A letter from University Int'l student service, indicating she has been in good standing F1 status from xx/xx/xx through February 2003 (the date we filed our I-485)

LUD changed twice after USCIS received the RFE, and after 4 business days, the "welcome notice" email sent to us.

Congratulations! Good news, but AFAIK there are still many old timers.

IBelieve said:
Congradulations to you, a old timer! It seems I am the only one left behind. Enjoy and wish me luck!

i did not receive RFEs, my attorney got them

Rambi said:
Thanks Usrfdluj.

Would it be possible for you to post the exact RFE wording for you and your wife?

Thanks much.

Rambi.
i did not receive RFEs, my attorney got them

Positve

S_Reddy said:
Hi, S_Reddy,

Now I am 100% sure about the approval, because now the online message changed to "On June 27, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"

God bless,