Approved I-140 & waiting, want to change employer- Any risks?

Pat_ad

Registered Users (C)
I was approved for I-140 category EB-3 since oevr 18 months ago. My priority date is on September 2008. Based on country of origin (not China or India)the lawyer says it may take about one more year until it is due to move to the next step. I have another offer with another employer. I really need to move on for financial and career advancement reasons. I understand that the green card process has to start from the scratch but the new employer is willing to do it.

I'm concerned if there will be any risks with starting the GC process all over again and what if it's declined for whatever reasons and I lose what I have so far.
Am I right with my concerns, or shouldn't I worry that much? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

I don't think I would gamble with my immigration status to get few more bucks specially when it's just a year away even though it is doable, it's too much to risk in the name of Career Advancement.
I think it could be advanced a year from now when you are standing on solid ground.

Hi all,
I am trying to file EB-2 NIW 1-140 application and would appreciate your response on my chances. Find below my detail information:
Currently a part-time Ph.d student in Mathematics
Research on Perturbation(Solly on teaching)
Teacher license from three different states (Mathematics Endorsement)
Adjunct mathematics Professor at a University
Adjunct mathematics Professor at two community Colleges
Currently writing mathematics Book
1 Poster presentation at Mathematics conference
1 mathematics presentation at a conference
Teaching Assistant with tuition waiver and stipend(2004-2006)
Had scholarship last summer
No publication or Articles
will be able to get 6 rec letters

Will appreciate your response

It seems you will have great chances.
Specially if we consider your subject Mathematics which is giving you strong back up.
I am not a lawyer but encouraging you for not thinking any negative.
All the best,

Ram

I don't think I would gamble with my immigration status to get few more bucks specially when it's just a year away even though it is doable, it's too much to risk in the name of Career Advancement.
I think it could be advanced a year from now when you are standing on solid ground.

Thanks, but would your advice be the same if the few more bucks represent around 25% more of current salary? .. thanks again