Approved H1B case re-opened

rahulc2001

Registered Users (C)
Earlier this year (Feb 2009) my H1B extension was approved by my last employer (company A).
In May I transfered my H1B with a consulting company (company B) and the same got approved. Now today the USCIS has re-opened petition approved by the last employer (company A).

How does it impact my currently approved H1B? Has any one come across similar scenario? Any ideas?

Thanks
Rahul

Hey Rahul,

Seems this has become the norm now, as I'm in the exact same boat as yours (incl. the dates)

I was laid off from a reputed global firm in Feb 09, so transferred my visa to an Indian Consulting firm. The visa was approved and now on Nov 13, my case was re-opened.

Just so you know, for approved cases like ours, when it is re-opened, it is most likely (almost 100%) a revocation. I'm talking to an Attorney to know my options and will update. Keep me updated too.

Good luck bro.

If you were laid off in Feb and filed for transfer in May, you were out of status for a significant time period (part Feb, all March and April and part May). Your transfer should have been approved with consular processing. If you are not now actively working or if your employer has a history of benching emnployees without pay, you should be very concerned.

Concerned4us...Dude, you're mixing up the above two posts!

I'm the one that was laid off in Feb, and OP is the one who transferred his visa in May.
So your reply does not hold any meaning.
Let's assume, JUST IN CASE it did, It did not help!

rahul and gray,
If an approved h1 is reopened, it most probably is a notice of intent to revoke.
If there have been no other issues - no incorrect LCAs, no non-payment during bench periods, etc. then you may be able to save your h1 petition by going for consular processing - h1 stamp in home country.
Your best option is to obtain a copy of the revokation notice from your employer, and get a detail consult with a good immigration attorney.