Approved!! from SR country!

Here is a another "Dukhi story" of a pakistani.

RD of 485 at VSC 06/25/01
ND 08/13/01
FP 11/21/01
Changed job in 05/02,moved to MN, contacted local senator Mark Dayton office for unusaul delay, VSC told his office that they send mine A-file to san ontonio office and it is lost there :(
VSC finally transfered it to local office Bloomington,MN on 01/13/03.
Senator office was not of any help, I have been contacting his office for 9 continous months.
went for SR on 02/04/2003 in the same local office and I was told i will get interview call within 2 months, it is only four months since.

That office issued second FP did on 04/05/03.

Few days back I sent my EAD renewal to this local office and they returned it today saying I need to send it to Lincoln,NE.
I think they did not even bother to look into their system that they have my case.

I am totally fed up with this GC bussiness.........almost ran out of patiance.......!

I wish you all get your's.

Hmm

This is the most common problem of this agency. They do mistake and we penalize.

Whenever you write or apply to INS for anything consider INS as a most novice system where you have to feed everyhting. May be You have to write a letter explaining that your case is recently transferred to local INS thats why you are applying for EAD here.
Still there is a potential chance that they wont even read your letter and send it back.

Better go physically. Spend your whole day waiting on the queue and may be you can get your things done.

Frustrating:(

toooolongwait ...

I would go to Bloomington BCIS office and explain them the whole situation.

I would suggest to make an apointment with your local office and talk about your case. It would be helpdul if you go with the Lawyer.

Second suggestion to go to Senator office in person and try to get the case no. of your request. If you got the case no., then Senator office would definitly get to the bottom of this issue. But remember go to your local Senator.

I-485 current update
--------------------------
case transfered to local office.
Any idea how long will it take there?

I got my one year EAD from local office.
My attorney informed me that NSC will return my pending EAD applcation since my 485 application transferred to local office and I can get EAD from local office. Bloomington office issued me EAD same day and application fee was waived because I already paid this fee to NSC office.:)

Hi Lamba.....Nice to hear that !

Did to just walk in for EAD or you sent it by mail, and when is your current EAD expiring !
I sent them thru mail with a letter once they returned my application, it's been now two weeks, no return , no receipt, no news....!
When did you case was transfered to this office.

Thanks
Wish you good luck

Please give me you attorney info

I am in a tough situation, and I need a good lawyer.

Thanks so much.

Re: Hi Lamba.....Nice to hear that !

Originally posted by toooolongwait
Did to just walk in for EAD or you sent it by mail, and when is your current EAD expiring !
I sent them thru mail with a letter once they returned my application, it's been now two weeks, no return , no receipt, no news....!
When did you case was transfered to this office.

Thanks
Wish you good luck

485 case transferred on June 9.
NSC EAD extension application: RD Dec 2002. Currently I have interim EAD valid until July 2003. NSC failed to issue EAD within 90 days.

I just walked in but I had to wait in the line for about 5 hours. I filled up a new EAD application. I showed adjudicating officer my 485 case transfer notice along with EAD application. She checked my current interim-EAD and driving license and issued me EAD. I asked her to waive application fee because my EAD application is still pending at NSC and this application will be returned soon because 485 case has been transferred to your office. She checked the record and waived the fee.

I suggest you to go there and do the same thing I mentioned above. Wish you best of luck buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved from SR country

I am from NSEERS country but I was not subject for finger printing because my last entry the US was after 09/30/02 and I was also not registered at the border upon my last entry. I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number). In response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. Then after following things happened:

485 case was transferred from NSC to local office (Bloomington, Minnesota) … June 03.
Second EAD applied in July 03 at local office and received it same day
Second finger printing was done in Oct. 03.
Interview call letter received in Nov 03.
Interview was done in Dec 03. Passport was also stamped at the time of interview.

Today I feel free … wish you best of luck.
:)

NYB,
Females are not required to register at all and you don't need to worry about that. This year that programmed has been cancelled as it was just waste of time and money!!
so don't worry and be happy!
ghorbanat, aghajan

Thank you for your response. It just gets so complicated to remember you are getting all the right things done. From notification of address change, to being finger printed, making sure you have the correct documents when you are reentering. Well it is just me feeling overwhelmed. :rolleyes: