Approved, Finally :-)

I485 Inquirer

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I Finally got approved yesterday(RIR-EB2-IND-NJ). It has been a long journey. As it is customary in this forum to share ones experiences, so here goes my story.

Submitted the documents to the attorney for labor in June-1999. Waited for about a year and called the attorney in May-2000, Only to find that he has lost my documents and never filed the case. :(

May-2000 Changed attorney (Now, time is set to T=0 :))
Ads and all the other stuff
Submitted for LC in Nov-2000 (after waiting 6 months to file as EB2 and RIR)
LC got approved in May-2001.
Applied for I-140 in June-2001.
I-140 got approved in Oct-2001
Applied for AOS in Nov-2001
I-485 got rejected in Dec-2001 (Attorney used the wrong ver. of forms :()
Changed attorney (again :confused: )
Applied for AOS in Jan-2002
FP done in May-2002
Approved on 23-July-2003 :0 :) :)

Good luck to all those who are waiting. (Sounds so clichéd, but from the bottom of my heart)

Some more rhetoric,

I want to thank Rajiv Khanna (this is an awesome site and helped me move forward in the face of those two rejections/economic downturn/lay offs/sep-11/BCIS/485-Freeze and everything else that is immigrant's nightmare) and Greaty-K (for his selfless effort in maintaining www.rupnet.com) and
my employer who was very supportive during the entire process (sometimes, even I give credit where it is due).

Cheers
-Shawn

Congrats!

RD: 12/04/01
ND: 12/15/01
FP Done: 04/19/02
FP Recieved: 04/24/02
AD: ??/??/03

congrats!

I noticed most of early approvals all from NJ, man, those poor Nov. Dec. souls are hung dry...

Are you going to beat the FIRST lawer with shoes ! :D
lost the Docs.. so cheap gutter fellow.. thook ....

Any way realize that BCIS is in your favor ( they did not loose the papers ):D

Congrats

Congrats. You really fought a hard battle. It's amazing that you have to change 2 lawyers because they acted irresponsibly. It only shows that you can't blindly trust your lawyer. There are too many bad lawyers out there and if we find our lawyer to be incompetent, we have to get rid of him and pick a better lawyer.

congratulation to your sucess and please accept my sincere adimiration for your spirit of persistent pursuing. It is uncommon to find two incompetent attorneys who screwed up things so miserably, but it is more uncommon that a person can overcome so many obstacles and setbacks with determination and finally reached the goal. The story is so encouraging that we should all learn to be patient and confident.

Thanks for the information and congratulation to you again !