Approved Finally

mk_gc

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Finally, my case got approved. I received approval message @4:30 PM today. Thanks to all you guys who provided valuable information. I specially want to thank Pallu for starting this thread and keeping our hopes alive.

My detail:

EB2 - Sub - PD - Sep 2001
I140/I485 - RD - 12/17/2004
I140 - AD:06/14/2005
2nd FP - 01/17/2007
I485 - RFE - 03/02/07 - Medical for dependent - Submitted - 03/27 - LUD - 03/27
AD - 04/11/2007 4:30 PM - No LUD before approval.
Took help from Mrs Bush for NC.

good news!!!

hearty congratulations

Guys,

Finally, my case got approved. I received approval message @4:30 PM today. Thanks to all you guys who provided valuable information. I specially want to thank Pallu for starting this thread and keeping our hopes alive.

My detail:

EB2 - Sub - PD - Sep 2001
I140/I485 - RD - 12/17/2004
I140 - AD:06/14/2005
2nd FP - 01/17/2007
I485 - RFE - 03/02/07 - Medical for dependent - Submitted - 03/27 - LUD - 03/27
AD - 04/11/2007 4:30 PM - No LUD before approval.
Took help from Mrs Bush for NC.

Thanks supply_demand & luckyone2000. Just want to provide more info. My case was a "future employment" when I filed, but I joined the company at a later stage ( 18 months after filing).

Congrats mk_gc...

I see from your signature that you got an RFE for medical for dependants. I also recieved RFE for my spouse's medical. What do we need to re-do the medicals? Do we need to take all the tests and immunizations again? Or will the doc sign the required forms based on the previous records?

Thanks for the info.

Thanks supply_demand & luckyone2000. Just want to provide more info. My case was a "future employment" when I filed, but I joined the company at a later stage ( 18 months after filing).

In my case they simply asked to do one additional test. There should be a clear message in your REF. Sometime, they ask to return the original with additional test. Your doctor would know all these things.

In my case they simply asked to do one additional test. There should be a clear message in your REF. Sometime, they ask to return the original with additional test. Your doctor would know all these things.

congrats,

1-what was exactly the test that they asked to take? was it for ur kid or wife and what is it?

2-about ur letter to first lady, when did u send that letter exactly to her and when u heard back from FBI exactly that NC was cleared?

3-u mentioned that after Name Check clearance, u were stuck with a USCIS check. what was that and any idea when it was cleared?

4- in ur letter to first lady, what did u attach with the letter (FOIPA, I485 ...)?

5- was ur case finalised at VSC or it was first transfered to TSC as many other cases here in march?

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
1-what was exactly the test that they asked to take? was it for ur kid or wife and what is it? - Doc ignored the TB test for my daughter first time citing not required for kids. Later he did after RFE.

2-about ur letter to first lady, when did u send that letter exactly to her and when u heard back from FBI exactly that NC was cleared?Just a generic letter and copy of I485 receipts. I sent it in Nov-06, received a letter on 12/28 that it was cleared on 12/08

3-u mentioned that after Name Check clearance, u were stuck with a USCIS check. what was that and any idea when it was cleared?No idea when it was cleared. I checked after 2 months and it was cleared.

4- in ur letter to first lady, what did u attach with the letter (FOIPA, I485 ...)?Copy of I485 receipts

5- was ur case finalised at VSC or it was first transfered to TSC as many other cases here in march?Finalised at VSC. Never got transferred anywhere.

1-what was exactly the test that they asked to take? was it for ur kid or wife and what is it? - Doc ignored the TB test for my daughter first time citing not required for kids. Later he did after RFE.

2-about ur letter to first lady, when did u send that letter exactly to her and when u heard back from FBI exactly that NC was cleared?Just a generic letter and copy of I485 receipts. I sent it in Nov-06, received a letter on 12/28 that it was cleared on 12/08

3-u mentioned that after Name Check clearance, u were stuck with a USCIS check. what was that and any idea when it was cleared?No idea when it was cleared. I checked after 2 months and it was cleared.

4- in ur letter to first lady, what did u attach with the letter (FOIPA, I485 ...)?Copy of I485 receipts

5- was ur case finalised at VSC or it was first transfered to TSC as many other cases here in march?Finalised at VSC. Never got transferred anywhere.

thks for ur reply.

1-u sent ur letter to First Lady in november, can u estimate when u sent that letter in november? u sent it by mail or email or fax?

2- does the FBI letter mention when they received ur letter to first lady?

3- did u receive any letter from first lady that they looked at ur letter and they forwarded to fbi?

I'm just trying to estimate how many days it takes to hear back from fbi from the day u send ur letter to first lady.

I exactly don't remember.. but it took about a month. No letter from anyone other than FBI. It acknowledged that the letter was forwarded to Justice department then to FBI.

I exactly don't remember.. but it took about a month. No letter from anyone other than FBI. It acknowledged that the letter was forwarded to Justice department then to FBI.

ok i will make it easy on u. did u sent the letter in the first half of nov or second half? thanks.

Thanks. Could you pl let me know "what next"? Do I need to do anything? Stamping or SSN change??

We got approval for my daughter but her card is not ordered. Card is ordered for me and my wife only. Pl suggest what I need to do to get her card.

Is it after filing I-485?

Did you join 18 months after filing I-485 or labor?

A friend of mine ported a priority date from his current employer and got his I-140 approved with Old Priority Date? He can now apply I-485? He is planning to join the new company after his EAD is approved? Is it Ok to join after obtaining the EAD, os should he join before filing the I-485?

If he can join after obtaining EAD, what documents are needed from CUrrent Employer and Future Employer for filing I-485.

I would ery much appreciate your response.

I joined 18 months after filing my I485. Your friend does not have to wait for anything. He could join either using EAD or H1 transfer.