Approved finally!! Took a very long time....

ConstWorry

Registered Users (C)
I checked online and my case has been approved today. Here are my details...
PD: 11/29/2000
RD: 11/13/2001
ND: 12/07/2001
FP: 03/14/2002
AD: 05/01/2003
IND-PA-EB2
EAC-02-057-5XXXX
I could not believe my eyes when my wife told me that my case has been approved. I have been checking online almost every day for the past six months except tonight. My wife's case has not been approved though. She applied 5 months later(Follow to join). I also called IIO to place her file with mine so that both get approved at the same time. I checked with the IIO again three weeks back and the IIO said both our cases should be approved together(BTW the IIO said it will take 60 days longer and most probably I may get a FP notice rather than approval notice!! B!@$# was very rude!!). I guess INS/BCIS is now going by the RD/ND strictly when approving 485's.
I saw some posts earlier where the primary applicant got approved but not the derivative. Does anyone of those guys have an update regarding their spouse's approval?
Anyway I am going to give a call to IIO sometime nextweek.
For now, the approval gives me some amount of relief but the wait continues....
:) :) :) :) :)

follow to join

Hey! ConstWorry,
What is follow to join process? Is your wife currently with you here in US? If so why do you need to file a 'follow to join'.

Follow to join

When I filed my 485, my wife was not with me in the US. I don't remember filing a separate form for her except for checking a column or mentioning as a comment in the application that she will be joining me later.
When my wife joined me I filed her application immediately. There were no special forms (with regard to Follow to Join) attached to the application.
If you were single when you filed your I-485 and then got married then you may have to use the Follow to Join option and file her application when she is in the United States.

Thanks ConstWorry,
Unlike you i got married after filing my 485. But my wife cudn't accompnay me to US. As i felt my case was close to approval i thought of taking advantage of 'follow to join' process where in you can file I-824 for your spouse who is not in US. INS processess I824 and fowards the case to US consulate in India. US consulate in india then sends a packet 3 to the applicant who has to submit them and wait for an interview with the consl. general. After the interview an immigrant visa (same as GC) would be issued which would be valid for 6 months.

But the whole process may take anywhere b/w 12 to 18 months during which your spuse cannot join you in US.

for more info pls. check http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm#Following

updated rupnet

I forgot to mention in my initial posting that I updated rupnet before posting the news in this forum.
Rupnet userid: nani

Congrats!!! As per my knowledge your wife's case will take its own time based on her rd. I filed my wife's case after 3 months of filing mine.