**********approved*********feb '02, Local Transfer, No Rfe/interview

GC_portlander

Registered Users (C)
Finally after a long wait (almost 30 months sisce I485 filing date) my case and my wife's cases were approved yesterday. I received an email right after 12:00 pm from USCIS saying that both of our cases were approved. Secod FP was scheduled on 9/9/04 but we did early FP on 8/7/04. What a relief.

As the cases were transferred to local, we were actually waiting for RFE/INTERVIEW letter from local INS, but they really surprised us by approving our cases. Looks like, our cases might be one of the random cases they send to local office to reduce the backlog i guess.

I changed company after 180 days and didn't inform USCIS about it. I have changed my name on SSN card also recently. My name was printed wrong on the SSN card (first name as middle name n middle name as first name). I got the SSN card a month back.

Sent few faxes/emails to USCIS, senators and senator contacted CSC after that they transferred our case to local INS office.

This forum is really a great place to share our views and information and I would like to thank Ragiv for providing this portal to immigration community. I would also like to thank Kashmir, I140_takes_4ever for their help n effort to support our community and to reduce the backlog. I would also thank the other member of the portal and I wish a speedy approval for everyone of you.

--Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
chava said:
Finally after a long wait (almost 30 months sisce I485 filing date) my case and my wife's cases were approved yesterday. I received an email right after 12:00 pm from USCIS saying that both of our cases were approved. Secod FP was scheduled on 9/9/04 but we did early FP on 8/7/04. What a relief.

As the cases were transferred to local, we were actually waiting for RFE/INTERVIEW letter from local INS, but they really surprised us by approving our cases. Looks like, our cases might be one of the random cases they send to local office to reduce the backlog i guess.

I changed company after 180 days and didn't inform USCIS about it. I have changed my name on SSN card also recently. My name was printed wrong on the SSN card (first name as middle name n middle name as first name). I got the SSN card a month back.

Sent few faxes/emails to USCIS, senators and senator contacted CSC after that they transferred our case to local INS office.

This forum is really a great place to share our views and information and I would like to thank Ragiv for providing this portal to immigration community. I would also like to thank Kashmir, I140_takes_4ever for their help n effort to support our community and to reduce the backlog. I would also thank the other member of the portal and I wish a speedy approval for everyone of you.

--Regards,
congrats!
Wish we can have the same luck as you.
Did you get the paper transfer letter?
In the transfer letter, did they say" for processing" or "to schedule interview"?

Congratulations.

I don't think they transferred your case, because you are approved about 16 days after FP. FP review process itself takes about a week. My guess is that status was erroneous.

Anyway, enjoy your freedom.

Congratulations!!! I also think your "transfer" never actually happened, because you got approval from CSC and I believe that once CSC offloads case to field office, they don't send you any approval emails. You're gone as far as they are concerned.

Congrats Chava.

Hi Chava:
Congratulations!! I am happy to see your approval.Hope others in our timeframe get approved soon.
WC

Thanks everyone.

Not sure whether they really transferred my case or not but I got the paper letter from USCIS saying that my case has been transferred to local INS.

abc01,

After the case transferred to local INS, the online message was changed to,

On June 1, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in PORTLAND, OR for processing. That
office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as
soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that
your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National
Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local
office processing times.

On Aug 3rd the LUD was changed and they issued a 2nd FP and the online message was changed to,

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 3, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 570 and 600
days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as
processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

I gave the 2nd FP on 7th and after that the online message was never changed to "finger print received and the processing has resumed...".

But I am in touch with the local congressman and they are checking on my case with the local INS during its course at the local office. Not sure if they influenced at the local office to approve my case or not. Congressman assistant called this morning to say that my case has been approved. I am also surprised to see the approval without RFE/INTERVIEW.

I would strongly suggest people those who are still waiting for a long time after 2nd FP or RFE, please contact your local congressman to speed up things. We are not going to loose anything just by throwing an email to them.

--Regards,

chava,

what is the email id of congressman we need to contact to expedite our case.
Would appreciate if u could share the format of the mail too.

Thanks
Wac 02 110 53xxx
RFE RD July 28 2004
2nd FP Jan 2004

cleanGC,

Not sure from which state you are but if you do a google search (like "senators in california") you will get few websites and they will take you to the senators website. In their website you can find out their email address and contact information.

Try finding your senators in the following website.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Keep sending emails until they respond you. Usually they respond in a day or two.

Best of Luck,

Regards,

Thanks a lot chava. I am from CA so should I be contacting Boxer Barbara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the detail info.
Mine transfer said :schedule for interview", so guess it is different from yours,
sadly. I called the congressman's assistant and fax my info as he asked last week, in your experience, how soon is she going to hear anything from the local office, I am trying to think how long is normal wait, or I should all him again for update. Please share your experience.

Hi abc01,

Usually the congressman assistant only tells you when to call him/her back. For me he asked to wait for 30 days and call him back if I didn't hear from local INS. After 30 days, I then contacted him and he checked with local INS and after few days I received the 2nd FP.

You might want to see the case processing dates also at your local INS and if you case transfer date is with that time frame, keep pressure on your congresssman. In my experience, they try their best to help us.

Good luck.

--Regards,

Congratulations !!

> I would also like to thank Kashmir, I140_takes_4ever for their help n effort to support our community and to reduce the backlog.

My pleasure, and enjoy your freedom,
-kashmir