Approved !!! :D :D

Congrats. I hope this (BCIS) unpredictability hits my case :p
Feb'02 and Mar'02 applicants should file a missing report with BCIS police :D

GreenCardMa,
No its not religoius worker. I am an IT guy. Another guy from our company applied in May 2002, He got approval in June 2003. So I think they are picking it up at random or they are also looking at the Priority dates (mine is April 2000) . I have two other colleagues from our company still waiting. One with RD 2001 Dec and the other with RD Feb 5th 2002. So I think its just luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...So looks like the logic now also includes Priority date as the first criteria for approval...makes sense...

anyway Congrats Xavier.

Thanks

Thanks to all, Especially GC131 thanks for your kind words. It's been a rollercoaster ride for me all the way.

Lot of uncertainity - Like when I was deciding on whether to start GC with the company that brought me here back in 96. Then joining another one which started my GC in 98 but labour papers didn't move as quickly as we wanted it to move.

Then in 2000 April we refiled labour under RIR, then a smooth ride (I mean without any RFEs) till I filed I-140.

Then the rough patch when I gotan RFE for I-140 and my I-140 was almost rejected, at the same time my 6 Year limit on H1 was about to expire. Thanks to the new bill passed in 2001 and Law office of Sheela Murthy I was able to refile I-140 and get an Expedited H1 extension. Real difficult couple of months.

It was again a smooth ride from filing 485 (compared to some others) No RFE's except the one my wife got for Photo for EAD.

Passport stamping in Philadelphia was smooth. It took hardly 10 minutes for myself and my wife once our number was called.

Finally I got a stamp in my Passport. Any way even though I didn't really enjoy the ride I am still happy that finally we got through.

If anybody have any questions feel free to ask I will try to reply ASAP, but I don't know how much it will be of use. I have been through lot of different issues so I may be able to give some pointers. From my experience I have found out that evrybody's case is different and some Law offices are better than others. In my case I found Law Office of sheela Murthy very knowledgable in Handling cases like mine.
Law office of Rajiv Khanna also provided some advice on some other issue (I-94 was about to expire ). I was able to talk to Mr. Rajiv Khanna directly and he answered my question without charging any fee. Also this web site maintained by them was my constant resource when ever I was stressed out. Eventhough I rarely posted anything I was always reading. I will keep look at this thread for some more time.

Also I owe a lot to my company. They supported me all the way.

Could you please check the status ?

OasisOrMirage

Have you had a chance to check your on-line status to see if it has been changed ? I'm wondering if we'll get the 2nd FP notice for my wife as 1st one expired on August 6 or we will see the approval in mail.

Thanks in advance !

KMANDY

Originally posted by OasisOrMirage
GreenCardMa,
No its not religoius worker. I am an IT guy. Another guy from our company applied in May 2002, He got approval in June 2003. So I think they are picking it up at random or they are also looking at the Priority dates (mine is April 2000) . I have two other colleagues from our company still waiting. One with RD 2001 Dec and the other with RD Feb 5th 2002. So I think its just luck.

OasisOrMirage:

Your Priority date is April 2000. Did you file your Labor via RIR or you didn't? It appears that for many of those who filed RIR there are no priority dates. Or one's AD might not be a derivative of your RD, rather it is a derivative of your PD?

dhw

Kmandy,
I checked the status , It says Your case has been approved ad a letter was sent to you on Aug 4th blah, blah ...

My EAC number is EAC-02-164-XXXXX