Approved..Confusion:--- Bhanu, Myladoor, OCT 2000, Srini, Dan Dan and other Please help

abibala

My case was approved today on AVM..
  Now the confusion.....
  Since My I-94 expired on 14 feb 2001 and H-1 expired on 14 april \'2001.
I-94 expired before H-1 because of a mistake of an officer while arriving USA.I have applied for extension of H-1 on 22 march 2001 i.e after expiry
of I-94 but before expiry of H-1. Still waiting for approval of H-1.
  NOW THW QUESTION IS :-
   When I go for stamping , Will it be a problem to show expired I-94 and
H-1?????
  MYLADOOR, OCT2000, Srini and others, PLEASE HELP

PD - MARCH-1999
ND - MARCH-2000
FP - MARCH-2001
RFE received by INS - 1st MAY\'2001
Approved on AVM 24th May-2001..
  BEST WISHES FOR ALL...
THIS SITE HAS BECOME A HOME PAGE FOR ME IN LAST TWO 2.2 years.

No Title

I dont think you have any problems. Irrespective of whether you were waiting for your 485 approval or not, you can continue to work and stay in the country as soon as you get a receipt for filing your H1(I assume you or your lawyer has received that already). Your waiting for the 485 approval and subsequently being approved does not change this.

Congrats.

No Title

I do not think you have a problem either. Once you get your AD card you are no longer on an H1. Also as long as you have a valid passport you should be fine. Finally, to get peace of mind, call your lawyer and confirm this.

No Title

Once approved is approved, I guess.

Keep a copy of all documentation when you go for stamping, but do not volunteer any info.

No Title

They need copy of I94s as a proof that you have entered the country legally. also as you have not gone out of the country and also your 485 was pending so you are not out of status. Did you enter last time on Ap or H1?. I guess ther should not be any problems at the time of stamping. if you have a valid AP that can be shown and has to be surrendered at the time of stamping along with the EADs.

Good luck
Brahma