Approved..changed job after 180 days

No Title

Congratulations!

Did you need the original I-140 receipt notice through all this? I have a month to go to reach the 180-day threshold and I\'m planning to switch right after, but my I-140 original receipt is with my employer (I have a copy as well as the 485 original receipt). Should I ask for it ? (I know it\'ll be a problem)

Thanks,
B

No Title

Rahpad,

How did you manage to get those Receipt notices from FDBL(Fragomen) guys? I heard they wouldn\'t give any receipts and LC copies.

If we hire a new lawyer, can we get all the documentation necessary from FDBL guys?

My company uses them, they are not really helpful in these matters.
PLease advise.

Thanks and CONGRATS !!

No Title

Hi Rahpad,

Could you give us an estimate of the amount that your new lawyers charged? I am in the same situation as yours and i am trying to hire a new lawyer, it would be helpful for me,if you could give some figure!!

Congratulations once again on being a FREEBIRD!!

No Title

FDBL guys are not cooperative. So I went the other way, got a copy from my company\'s HR.

Your company HR would give a letter to the lawyer asking them to release our documents to the new lawyer. New lawyer would then request a copy of all the documents.

No Title

FDBL guys were expensive, they required me to move to an attorney in their shop who handles independent cases, figure was around $1500-1700. So I asked around and found the ranges to be $1200-$1500.. still cheaper.