Approved by NSC on Feb 3, 2003.

diamond

Registered Users (C)
Its now my turn to say "Yes, my case has been approved". Have been waiting for a long time to write this statement. Just checked the INS online status and saw the golden words.

I have been a passive visitor to this site in the last few months.

My details:
PD -> March 2000
RD -> Aug 2001
ND -> Sep 2001
First EAD -> Sep 2001
FP -> Dec 2001
First RFE -> Aug 2002 (I had earlier applied for CP hence this RFE)
RFE reply -> Sep 2002
Second EAD -> Sep 2002
Second RFE -> Nov 2002 ( Changed job 9 months after applying 485 hence this RFE ).
Second RFE Reply -> Nov 2002

Approval -> Feb 3, 2003.

Hang in there guys, your approvals will come. Thanks to all those who have been writing encouraging messages on this forum. It really helps.

God Bless.

Me too....

Congratulations, my friend. Mine is approved too. Here are the details.

Just wanted to share this great news with you guys. My case and my wife's case are finally approved. I checked the status on-line after one of my friend (locally in Columbus, OH) called me to inform that his case was approved just yesterday. I just want to thank fellow 485 waiters for their support. Hopefully, you will get the good news soon.

To Recap the torturous journey, here are the details for my case:

EB2-RIR-India

PD: 06/29/1999
RD: 07/11/2000
ND: 08/03/2000
LINS: LIN00225XXXX9 and LIN00225XXXX5.
1st FP: 02/09/2001 at Columbus, OH
RFE: 03/13/2002 for Employment Verification.
2nd FP: 11/04/2002 at Columbus, OH.
Both cases Approved: 02/03/2003. Waiting for the receipt in mail.

My Friend's case details are:

Receipt# - LIN-02-022-XXXXX
ND - Oct' 29 2001
FP - Sept' 2002
RFE - Dec' 16 2002
Both me & my wife got RFEs
My RFE (Birth certificate)
Since I submitted only affidavits from my mother & brother, they needed secondary evidence regarding my father.
Submitted school & college records showing his name & my birth date

My wife's RFE
My wife got RFE since she got her birth certificate only in 2001 (Registered). One more for medical since she was not able to take some vaccinations due to pregnancy. Submitted her parents affidavits & the medical documents

Replied to RFE - Jan' 20 2003
Approved as per Website & automated message - Feb 3 2003

If any questions, post replies to this post. I will try to respond.

Thanks,

-N.

Hi guys my case was approved on February 4. I checked online around 10 a.m. and saw those "magic" words.
My spouse's case has also been approved.
Details
pd March 2000
RD July 2001
ND Late august 2001
No rfe's
Category EB 2
This forum has been a tremendous support. I don't have a profile on rupnet, but I will create that shortly so people can compare stats etc.
Thank you all very much and I am absolutely sure that NSC is handling July/august cases right now. you all will have your day soon!

Congrats

detroitimmi, Nilesh13, diamond

for this tremendous news - Feels good to see the approvals of this forum members who we are in touch with almost everyday.

Congrats again to all of you.

detroitimmi, Nilesh13, diamond

Congratulations guys to hear that your cases have been approved!!!

Did any one of you changed the employer during I-485 pending?

If yes , pl share your experiences.

Thanks !!

detroitimmi & all those who got approved -

congrats.

detroitimmi -

did you call IIO ever? if yes, what was their response? my rd is also july 2001. i got rfe and rfe sent back and received 11/2002

thanks,
bpbjhl042002

RD 06/01
ND 07/01

RFE 09/02
RFE Response received by INS 11/02

Talked to IIO last week wed, file was transfered to officer on 01/13/02...still waiting for the result.

new2_nsc_gc

i changed job 10 months after filing 485. it was a peaceful process though the employer tried creating problems. lost 15 days of salary in the process. any problems i had was bcos of my employer, not INS. my new employer gave me details about their attorney and i continued the process through the new attorney. informed INS of job/address change etc. got an RFE even after informing INS at the time of job change and this delayed the approval by a couple of months. but alls well that ends well. :)

bpb,
The last time I called iio was in fall of last year--I was getting all kinds of conflicting responses--mostly I was told my case was "pending." Then I contacted local sen's office and the immi liason made a few calls at NSC--the person was helpful, though I'm not sure how much of that translated into real help. Overally I think it's just luck--those of us who are getting approvals should consider ourselves as "lucky" more than anything else. I believe it's like russian roulette.

detroitimmi -

thanks for your response. i know the feeling, but i am glad yours got approved! i am still waiting for mine, i contacted my lawyer, getting a response from him is like waiting for the lottery to strike. i spoke to the iio last wednesday and she told me it is pending and won't tell me anything more. zilch! pretty frustrating, but i am going to try the local senator thing next cos' i am going into surgery end of this month (thanks to ins and nsc!) :mad: . well, do enjoy your new sense of relief and hopefully those of us still waiting will get our sense of relief soon.

tia,
bpbjhl042002

Congrats guys!

Nilesh13 and others
Did you give non-availability certificate? In my case I gave affidavits from parents and non-availability certificate with out seal (but in the top they gave municipality name, bottom signature). Do you think that it is a problem? (If yes, what is the solution. getting another non-availability is nightmare).

Second, like your case my wife was pregnant when filling 485. Is she has a chance to get RFE for vaccines, etc or case-by-case?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Diamond,

Congratulations for your approval. You mentioned that you had RFE because you had CP option. Can you please detail exactly what was this RFE about CP ?
Thanks

gc949