Approved...but wife's pending..any advice?

mash21

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just got email saying my case has been approved today. No change for my wife, even though we filed together. Anyone in a similar situation? Any advice?

EB-2 RD 07/31/2003
AD 02/25/05

Wait that is the only way.
I was approved on Jul7 2004.
My wife and kids are approved on 7 feb 2005.

Wait, wait, wait for approval.
Then
Wait, wait wait wait for the plastic card.

By that time you are ready for Citizenship.

I was on the same situation. Mine approved on Feb 11th and My wife did not have any changes to her case for 2 weeks.

Later they issued an RFE for proof of marriage.

hey there mash 21- in case you have not done so- do not wait- call the 1800 number and follow details for a seperated case. this will get you to an officer- they might be able to help.

I called when my husband was approved, but did not got to the seperated case thingie- I wish I had- I have just doen that one month after his approval and been told I am also approved, but notice was lost in mail????

give it a try- what have you got to lose?

Even I am in the same boat .. my case approved on Dec 3 2004 and till now my spouse case is still pending .. dont know what to do .. talked to attorney and they suggested to wait ..

jacquelina said:
hey there mash 21- in case you have not done so- do not wait- call the 1800 number and follow details for a seperated case. this will get you to an officer- they might be able to help.

I called when my husband was approved, but did not got to the seperated case thingie- I wish I had- I have just doen that one month after his approval and been told I am also approved, but notice was lost in mail????

give it a try- what have you got to lose?

Thanks jacquelina. I will call as soon as I get my approval notice in the mail.

When you go for PP stamping at local USCIS office you can enquire about your wife's case. In my case dependent didn't got approved and local USCIS told me that his case was separated and was with a different adjudicator. His got approved after 35 days. You may get same information by either calling 1800xxx or local USCIS.

visak said:
When you go for PP stamping at local USCIS office you can enquire about your wife's case. In my case dependent didn't got approved and local USCIS told me that his case was separated and was with a different adjudicator. His got approved after 35 days. You may get same information by either calling 1800xxx or local USCIS.

Visak - did the dependent get an RFE in your case? I have seen several cases where the dependent gets an RFE even though the primary did not get any. Trying to figure out if this has anything to do with the delay. Thanks for your suggestion of informing the local office during stamping. I will definitely try that.

mash21

same here,

I got my aproval today but nothing for my wife.I hope I hear from them soon

I-485 ND 12/05/2002,EB3

mash21 said:
Visak - did the dependent get an RFE in your case? I have seen several cases where the dependent gets an RFE even though the primary did not get any. Trying to figure out if this has anything to do with the delay. Thanks for your suggestion of informing the local office during stamping. I will definitely try that.
mash21

Yes. Dependent got RFE 15 days after my approval. Case was approved within a week after replying RFE.

We are still waiting for my husband's approval. My case was approved at 1/24/2005. And my attorney said he will at least wait for half year to request for the case. I guess I will call the USCIS myself.

dependant still waiting

Hi,

Me and my son were approved at 09/30/04, my husband still pendig

I485 EB2
RD 09/18/02
ND 10/18/02
1-st FP 11/22/02
2-d FP 08/10/04
3-d EAD 08/23/04
No RFE
AD - 09/30/04 - for me & my son

When I asked congressmen to help us, she found very interesting situaation:
my husband case (without approval) moved together with our cases to the department that issed Green Cart
No Congressmen asked INS to issue a status of his case

Thanks
Elena