approved but not approved

naty79

Hi,

I have filed for I-1485 this summer and had an interview on 11/18/2007 in Atlanta. So we went to the interview and everything looked ok, she approved our case and said wait for 4-6 weeks for the green card. we have to travel on the 17 of December to Europe. Next, I went to atlanta to make an Infopass to have the pasport stamped and the layd said I havent been approved yet and that my case is still with the interviewing officer. IO also took my AP and I-94. So what should we do to so we can travel.

You need to get your passport stamped, make another infopass and ask to see your IO if they say you have not been approved again, it looks fishy.

Did they give you an approval letter or anything at your interview? if the officer in the infopass is the same or does not help, ask to speak to a supervisor.

I told her I want to speak with the supervisor, but she said that everything is in a time frame. They have until 20 of january to approve the case

If you were approved, they should be able to give you an I-551 stamp.

If you were not approved, they shouldn't have taken your AP away. Is there a way to get it back, maybe, at any infopass? They need to provide you with a reasonable way to travel, I think, after all you paid for your AP!

I was approved at my interview, Minus one small thing - which he would not talk about... he said he had one small thing to check out about my wife and then, next day got LUD and we were approved... but, I asked for stamp, he actually stated "You are approved" but when asked for stamp - he stated "they" took the stamp away from him so even if he wanted to he could not give it. i would have to apply for emergency advanced parole and they only give that in very dire circumstances... so my wife had to wait until GC came. But, I know of some on this board that were able to get a stamp same day of interview. My Do was in Los Angeles, so not sure if that had anything to do with it as we have a lot of immigrants.... good luck my friend!