Approved. But need some guidance

junfiler2

Registered Users (C)
I am so happy to share the good news that my I-485 case has been approved. My RD is 06/25/01. It has been a long way. My RFE response was received by INS on 03/27/02 after that it was a loooong silence. Finally I got the approval on November 1.

But now I have a question. I am currently out of country and am planning to be back only on December 1. Does any of you know if we need to get the passport stamped in 30 days after approval? If not, do you guys know what the consequence will be? Has anyone done this before?

I will be thankful if any of you can provide some info on this.

Thanks a lot

Junfiler2

Congratulations..

Congratulations and Best wishes junfiler2. You are great for your patience.

As far as I know there is no 30 day time limit or anything of that sort. But it is better to get stamped asap..

B'cos we shouldn't delay receiving soemthing which is valuable.

Congrats!!! I think if u have valid AP u will be ok. U will get stamped at the port of entry.

Stamping

Congratulations. Your patience has been rewarded. I don't think there is a time limit on stamping. I am sure you can stamp it once you return.
:)

Congratulations!!!

Junefiler2,

I am so happy for you! It could be a sign that they are processing long waiting RFE cases. It's really a good news! Congratulations again, enjoy your life.

congratulations junfiler2

Ur patience has been rewarded.

I believe dma_va had been through a similar situation, he recvd his approval on the day he left for his vacation( 3 weeks i think) . I think all went fine for him .

Thanks a lot Guys for all your wishes.

ThakurSahab, thanks a lot for the link. It did give me a lot of information and it looks like it will be a problem only if there is match in the name check

SRAMASUB1, answering to your question - Yes. I think contacting Senators/AILA does help if your case has been delayed. In my Case, My Lawyer contacted AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association). Only after this, the case was picked up for processing.

For all those waiting, I am sure that my case proves that even if the processing is delayed, It will be done some day. I can very well understand how difficult it is to wait. All the best to you all.

Junfiler2