Approved, August 99 ND, EB2 India

Hoky

Registered Users (C)
Now it is my turn to applaud INS after several months of tirelessly cursing them.

Details: EB2, India, PD 4/98, RD/ND 8/99, FP 7/00, Approved 4/9/01, AVM updated.

I was sent an RFE for missing birth certificates in Dec \'00 and responded to it in Jan \'01. And then waited in endless frustration without any news till the end of March. I suspected something fishy, so I called them on 3/21. I am glad I did.

It turned out that INS had grouped me under EB3 and my case was on hold for visa availability. I told them that I had an approved I-140 in EB2. They said they would review my case and indeed they did with uncharacteristic speed. On 3/28 I received an amended I-140 notice which confirmed my EB2 status and today comes the approval! Kudos to INS and hope they resolve your I-140 company rename and other cases quickly.

Lessons I learned during this three year ordeal: BE PROACTIVE, KEEP YOURSELF COMPLETELY INFORMED OF YOUR SITUATION, GET A GOOD ATTORNEY, and BE PATIENT (AS CLICHED AS IT MAY SOUND).

Thank you everyone for lending your company and support in this forum. Thanks to Mr. Rajeev Khanna for maintaining this wonderful forum. Best wishes for all waiters...I would be glad to answer all of your queries.

(Sorry for the long mail. I am obviously relieved and partly excited)

No Title

Congrats !! Yes VSC is moving - From Aug/Sept - Oct and then back to Aug/Sept. I think this is an infinite loop :) :)

No Title

Did u send Birth certificates along with the I485 application ???
Actually i have taken birth certificates from the indian embassy , not sure whether they are valid or not
can someone pls. comment
Thanks

No Title

I did not send birth certs with 485 because my attorney advised that they are not required for filing. And because every category had become current in August \'99, I rushed to file without the certs.

To answer your other question, I saw a post today of an approval with birth certs validated from the consulate. In fact, he even got his marriage certificate from the consulate. You may want to dig up that mail and get more details from him.

Best wishes.