Approved at last

sgarg

Registered Users (C)
Finally relieved. Had very tense moments. 6 years expired on 3/31 with no signs of I-140 approval. Applied extension for unpaid leave. Also had applied canadian green card. Got extension approval notice only one day before canadian green card expiry. I landed into Canada for maintaining the status. I-140 approved only 2 days before the H1B extension expiry. Applied 485 on the same day H1B expired. Had to remain without work for 1 1/2 months.

All this because labor in NJ really got screwed up soon after I applied. It took more than 3 years just to get labor approval. If I would have applied 6 months later (company started applying for RIR) or 2 months earlier, could have got green card at least a year ago.

Anyway still very happy that whole process has come to end. I see some people on the board even worse condition than me. Wish everyone the best. The site discussions are good. It really gives an idea about whole process.

Here are my details:

ND 7/19/00 FP 11/00 RFE for medical 6/18/01. I had applied 485 without prior medical but lawyer did not forward the report later on. RFE responded on 6/20/01. AVM updated with RFE response 6/22/01 and AD 7/2/01 Country India

Checked AVM at 1:30 PM

No Title

Heatiest Congrats! That must be a real pain getting over with labor, I mean LC. Anyway, best of luck in your future endeavours.

No Title

Sgarg, if your approval is on 7/02, it means the moment adj.officer approved your case, he also updated the AVM, correct?? My ND is 7/18, & I was assuming the AVM gets updated by nightly job.

No Title

I usually check after hours. But I saw some other posting that he/she checked today at 11:00 AM and it was approved. So I just gave it a try.

But atleast in my case, AVM seems being updated on the same day or atleast before 5 PM.

No Title

NJDOL!!!!! Tell me about it. It took almost 4 years for them to process my LC. Same situation with me

ANyway congratulations on the approval

No Title

It is a pain on the butt to deal with NJ DOL. My labor got cleared after 2 1/2 years but then DOL forgot to put official stamp on the approval. Those morons in Trenton just don\'t want to work indeed.
It took another two years to get my I-140 cleared. So your experience is better than mine.
I ran out of my H1 in late 1999 then I switched to F4 until my EAD came.
The only luck I got was job change before miserable 2001.

Let\'s hope at least Neward office will be nice to us.

No Title

Hi SGARG,
Congratulations!

My id is sri12. Here is my scenario. I would like your advise on this.

I have applied for Labor certification in NY, in Dec\'97. My labor is still pending. Then recently on Mar-01-2001 I have applied in EB2-RIR in NY. My H1 6 yr period expires in Mar-15-2002. My lawyer says, if either EB3 or EB2-RIR labor is cleared, I can file I-140, then I am eligible for H1 Extension for 1 more year. I would like to hear your opinion and possible safety measures available.

I would appreciate any input regarding this.

Thank you so much. Wish you good luck.
my email id is v_shrini70@hotmail.com

Regards