Approved AP lost in mail. Gurus help !!

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys.
I had applied for AP and EAD renewal for my wife and myself on AUg 20. Both the cases got approved. We got our EAD cards yesterday in mail. However the AP has not been received by us yet.

1) Does the AP approval notice get sent to the attorney or to the applicant itself

2) We had done an address change in Jun this year. Could the AP be sent to our old address.

The case status says that the Approved document was mailed on Sep 30, 2003. However our EAD renewal was mailed on Oct 3 (after the AP and we got it fine).

Gurus please share your experiences on this. Hopefully I wont need to do the AP paperwork again. :confused: :confused:

Attorney gets it

My attorney got my AP. So call him/her and have him send it to you.

FWIW ...

Me and my wife applied for EAD/AP on our own and got our APs mailed directly to us and had to pick up our EADs at the local INS office.

I am not sure how attorney gets into picture unless he/she files them for you. But its INS ... who knows what they do :)

Mailed to us

Though the EAD and AP for me and my wife prepared and mailed by our lawyer , the actual AP and EAD were mailed directly to us. Also same thing to one of my friends. Contact your local post office.

I don't think that your local USPS office will be able to provide you with any answers, since these documents are not posted via registered mail.

I wouldn't trust the efficiency of USPS as when I moved to a new appartment then just to check that my mails are forwarded to me I mailed a letter to myself on old address. I took USPS 10 days to deliver this letter to my new address and it was just a local mail.

So, I would suggest you to hang on for a little while and if your documents are not delivered in a weeks time then contact BCIS through your lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Guys for your prompt responses.
In my case both the EAD and AP renewals were done by the company lawyer. So judging from your replies it appears that the AP will go to my lawyer.

So I will talk to the attorney today to see if they received it.

However it is such a strange message from the USCIS:

On September 30, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued

This means that AP should be mailed directly to me. But I guess there is no consistency in these messages.......

Regards to All !!
Puneet

Not to disappoint any one ....

But we went through the same experience. We saw approval on the web for my daughter's AP. We waited for 3 weeks. The attorney assistant then contacted BCIS. They told her to check with USPS. That was useless. They told her to wait couple more weeks. We then ended up re-applying all over again, and even paying the fees again.

Sad, but true. Also, My APs(2 times, 3 copies each) and my wife's APs (2 times, 3 copies each), were all sent to the attorney, although it's showing the same message as the one above.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator: