Approved - and yet stuck

Jan15

Registered Users (C)
I got my approval notce just today, my lawyer told me that i can choose any wednesday to go for passport stamping.

I am away from NJ. currently doing a project in california that just started, I cannot take a long leave .. can i get my passport stamped earlier - say on monday or a friday ....

my approval came after 15 months of my first finger printing, does anyone get a fingerprinting notice after approval, my friends tell me that if i donot go for passport stamping quickly i could get a notice for second finger printing .. my lawyer tells me that this does not happen ...

any advice pls......
jan 15

RD: jan 15 2002
FP: May 15 2002
RFE: SEPT 20 2003
RFE: replied on Oct 1
approval notice received on Oct 15 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not worry about FP, you are all done now ! You can plan for Stamping at your convenient.
Only thing is the permament card will come only after stamping your PP, otherwise you are good to go !

First Congrats. Now for ur qn, No second FP after approval.

But you need to get your stamping soon.

Please post your RFE details also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take a day(or two) off and get on a Tuesday RedEye(latenight) flight , get my passport stamped on Wednesday and be back by Thursday morning/afternoon in office. This is if you are willing to endure the pain.

Congrats. I think it may be possible to get the stamping done at the local place. Someone previously posted that they have done so. Anyhow you can try the local office first and see if you can save some money and time.

Jan15,

Congratulations!

Do search this site about getting local stamping. I positively remember reading about stamping in a different location than what was mentioned in the approval notice. It might save you the hassle of travel.

Good Luck!

Congrats.... I got approval too...

I got approval, see (Approved... Finally) thread.

I am working at CA-Los Angeles(consultant) and living in LA too, but my consulting company at PA. I got approval notice with local INS (LA) address.

I think You can go to local INS office for stamping.

Let me know if you need local (CA-Los Angeles) address.

Jan15,
I went to different center than the one mentioned in the approval letter. The one I went to is 250 miles away, but both are in the same state. Even the stamping officer observed the differenece but didn't say anything. Hope this helps.:)

thanx for all the info, one main question, can I go on a monday or a friday even though they have called me on a wednesday ?