GCFEELING

Registered Users (C)
RD: 9/14/2001
ND: 11/13/2001
FP: 04/24/2002
AD: 01/17/2003
No RFE, INDIA, EB3
GC Saga:
I started my GC with company A (3000 employees). As per our contract I have to pay for attorney fee and went with an attorney (who was referred by our HR manager). I submitted all documents to that attorney in 1999. He categorized me under EB3 Even though (I guess) I was eligible for EB2. I signed whatever the documents he wanted me sign. I waited six months and inquired about status, he said he didn’t process any of my forms. I was little furious, but kept my nerves under control and contacted our HR manager and I fired the attorney. I inquired about good attorneys on this site. I got some suggestions about so called efficient, experience and expensive attorney.
I started my GC again in 2000 with this new attorney. I signed all that crap attorney client agreement and submitted all paper work. Literally I provided each piece of info for LC documents. I was not able to believe that so called efficient attorney took five months to fill a LC form. I was under the impression that if I hire some good attorney, I need not worry about each and every piece of information.
Then the attorney filed for LC in 2000. LC approved in a couple of months. That was quick. I felt first time the luck in my life. Then the attorney took three months to put all together for I-140. I-140 was applied in Mar 2001. I-140 approved in August 2001. This time I was very ready with all documents. The attorney took one month to mail the I-485 package to INS. Finally the attorney applied I-485 in Sep 2001.
Company “A” was bought over by company “B” (all together 140, 000 employees) in April 2002. I contacted my attorney and the attorney said there was nothing to do with this company bought over since it has been more than 180 days since I-485 applied.
I went to India in last month (Jan 2003) and I found that my I-485 was approved on 17th Jan 2003. I felt relieved from mental agony and pain. I came back to US on 9th Feb 2003 using AP. I got GC stamped today (12 Feb 2003) at Baltimore INS. They took only two minutes for it. That is cool.
But after all the pain and humiliation I went through with so called great attorney I felt that I worked for attorney rather than the attorney worked for me. I never bothered my attorney like contacting him frequently asking about status. I inquired once in a three months on average. I was sad because even though I prepared everything, things were moving slowly.
I started H1 renewal with this new attorney simultaneously. The attorney screwed up my H1 visa; I lost one year on H1 renewal. Somehow I decided that all attorneys are almost all alike. . They need your money not your concerns and feelings.
I am also happy to see the bright side of the episode. I am now more diplomatic (in my view it is hypocrisy), soft-spoken and more patient. After working with so-called efficient attorney, I can do entire process my self without much difficulty now. I am happy at least file was moved in snail pace rather stalled. I got relief from humiliation.

I wish that all those who waiting for their GC get their approval soon and nobody has to go thru all this pain of waiting for more time. It is really frustrating, especially in this Economy.
Thanks to Rajeev Khanna, Greaty K.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

GCFeeling

RD on your approval notice

GC Feeling:

Just curious to know if your RD on your approval notice is actually your RD or ND? I also went for pp stamping yesterday and I saw
that my RD was actually my ND. I wonder if this was one of the reasons why our cases were delayed.

Thanks.

Thanks

Thanks for your wishes...

El Liu... Yes... RD on my approval notice is ND and ND is the Approval date..... I guess it is normal...

One interesting thing is that my case approved when I was abroad. I got my passport stamped as usual. (Not different from normal procedure)

All the best

:D :D :D

Can you give whereabouts of your attorney

Without naming names can you give us some details about your attorney, hopefully others can stay away from him/her.

Thanks for your wishes…

Shyguyphilly--- I think the attorney did good job for some people, but he didn’t do good job in my case. I don’t know the reasons. Attorney is from DC metro area. I think this info is good enough.

All the best for your future endeavors..

:D :cool: :D

Finally I feel vindicated. I thought most lawyers work in your interest. But more and more I see them as leeches than someone who is propfessional and courteous and prompt.