Approved and Stamped - Newark

bulibaaya

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
RD - 08-Nov-01
AD - 01-MAY-03

Got stamped at Newark. Went in at around 7:20AM in the morning. Parked adjacent to the office in the paid parking lot. Queue was about 40 people long. The Immigration office guard came in and told the Queue that only people with appointments will be seen (Wednesday by appt. only). Queue then reduced to about 10 persons.
They gave paper tokens with numbers on them and a pink sheet of paper with the room number to go to on the 10th floor (Rm. no 1022). Pass through the security go to room 1022 and they fingerprint on a form and give the form back to us and ask us to wait.( DO NOT FILL THIS FORM).
Then our number from the token is called up, the officer takes the form with fingerprint,Photos,any Advance Parole and EAD if available from us.
Then we are asked to wait.After approximately 20 minutes , the same officer calls us by name and stamps the passport with temporary evidence of I-551 valid for one year.
Officer says card might take 6 to 12 months.
Was done by 9:00 AM.
Paid $8.95 for parking.

Hope this helps....
Good luck to all waiting....

Do we have to call for apt.

Hi bulibaaya

Do we have to call for INS newark office for appointment ? I received my approval letter Today. Can I go directly on Next Weds. or I have to call them and take an appointment ??

In that case do you know that number where I can call them ?

Thanks

Congrats Bulibayya on your approval and stamping of PP !

In Newark BCIS, is the stamping done only on wednesdays or any other days also ?

photographs are the same like EAD/AP, http://www.ganning.com/photo.htm for more info

I think except wednesdays other days are walk-in days in Newark. So the crowds might be huge. Since the approval letter asks us to come on Wednesdays specifically...It might not be a good idea to show up on other days...

Congratulations and thanks for the info !!!!

Did the INS officer specifically asked for the original approval letter ? Any comments regarding the original / courtsey approval letter would be very appreciative.

Enjoy your freedom!!!

Address verification

Did the BCIS officer at Newark look for any address identification ?
Will it be ok if my approval notice mentions my previous address ? I filed AR-11 in April but I guess the database would not have been updated yet.