Approved: AmitB WAC 02-046-*****

AmitB

Registered Users (C)
Well guys! I got my approval notice in the mail today; the lawyer got it on Sep 3. Such a relief. Also got wife's approval with approval date of Aug 30 2002 for both of us. No RFE. FP location was Oakland early April. EB2 RIR

I was so frustrated with INS that I had stopped visiting this board for quiet sometime.

Instead of thanking everyone here on the board, I would like to take this opportunity to wish and pray a speedy approval for all those who are still waiting. Keep the faith.

Ciba and PCee: you guys have done a wonderful job in keeping all this info. organised so that all of us could benefit from it. I wish you guys all the success in any of your future ventures.

PCee: I hope your approval comes as fast as possible.

Overalll, the entire process took approximately 2 years (including labor).

I still can't believe the approval....

AmitB

Answers

Approval date is Aug 30.

I have not checked the AVM, but I'll do it tonight. The intereseting thing is that I had spoken to an IIO on Aug 30, and according to her my case had not been assigned and her estimate was another 2 months.

So much for their help.

AmitB

Congrats!!!

Congrats!!!
AmitB,

Congratulations!!!

ARE you from SFO center.

What did your AVM says.

Deeps

Passport stamped

My fall under the SFO iNS even though my attorney is based out of LA...I don't know what it means in term of processing.

On other notes, I got my passport stamped today at the SF INS. Here are the details:

Walked over to the INS office (i work downtown); got 2 pics from the shop across the street (14 bucks); it appears that the economic downturn has hit the INS lines as well. The usual throngs of people were not present (even in the regular line). The appointment line had no wait at all.

Went thru security, and dropped the courtsey copy in the door slot of room 200B. About 15 minutes later, was called. the polite INS officer took my finger prints, signature and passport, eaD CARD, AP docs, and told me to wait.

I asked the guy if getting my wife's passport stamped at a later time would cause a problem (she not here right now), and the response was that it should not be a problem.

After about 30 minutes, was called again basically to get the stamped passport back. The person explained to me what the stamp means and that is it.

After 2 years of dealing with incessant waits, this experience was rather short and pleasant.

The INS person did mention that I should get the actual card within 6-8 months. But based on some recent postings, it seems it arrives much sooner then that.

ANyway, now I can actually begin long term planning etc. Don't have to depend on the unpredictability of the GC processing.

AmitB

question

How many times have you talked to IIO in the whole process ? Mine is wac-01-293-xxxxx. When I called on 09/03, she told me that it is not assigned yet. I hope it is assigned, like in your case and I get my approval soon.