Approved after interview

rav8tor

Registered Users (C)
Interview was a PLEASANT experience, compared to all the crap that went onwhile file was at VSC . The officer was very nice, professional. Quesions were: employment, what do you do there, were you legal all the time etc.The general idea that I got after interview is that VSC is extremely inefficient: if something is not smooth with the file (i.e. FBI sec check clearance does not come back in one month) they'll just transfer the file or sit on it.

I got a stamp...no approval notice or anything.

Another thing I found out was that experinced immigration oficers may be replaced by contractors, and that software systems do not work that well. What a mess!

I am just glad it's over ... it's been a 6.5 year long trip.

RD 10/11/2001
ND 11/26/2001
FP 4/.../2002
RFE 10/.../2002
TF 02/23/03
2nd FP 10/23/03
AD 11/12/03

question

Hi. rav8tor

If I remember correctly your file was transferred to Buffalo, and I assume that your interview was scheduled by Bufflalo district office. My fila was also transferred to Buffalo last July. I posted the details last July on this forum and you offered info regarding your case. I would apprecciate it very much if you could let me know what documents they asked you to bring for the interview, and how long the interview lasted. I understand from your post that the questions were mostly routine quesrions. You can answer at my private e-mail address: mm33@excite.com
Thanks very much

mmm33

rav8tor,

Congratulations! My case was also transffered to Buffalo INS office last month. WOuld you appreciate any detail you could provide as to when your case was transffered, how long it took for Buffalo to schedule an interview and all that good stuff. It would nice if you would post your experince right here so that everyone could benefit. Thanks

Thank you all for your wishes

Now let me answer some of your questions...
My file was transferred to Buffalo in March.

I did 2nd FP at end of October.
Interview lasted around 5 minutes. I had to bring employment letter and 2 months of paystubs, as well as all originals of all papers submitted (but I brought about 3 cases of EVERYTHING I had).

Officer asked for current employment letter and paystubs, asked about my qualifications for job, what is the job all about, who I work for. Additional questions were posted previously. It all lasted 15 minutes, very good experience (better to have your file in Buffalo than have it waiting in the black hole of the VSC).

They are processing, according to BCIS website, July 2003 I-485 applications. Other people had interview notice 2 weeks after being transferred- I was unlucky, but I am glad it's over. Buffalo is good to be transferred to; I hope the current staff does not get replaced by contractors.

Good luck to all of you, and thank you again for advice and support.

rav8tor,

Thanks for responding to the questions posed by other users here.

Did you submit employment letter at the time of filling I-485 application ?

Did you have your attorney from buffalo or upstate NY ? Did you take attorney with you for an interview ?

Thanks again and have fun.

thanks

rav8tor,

Thanks very much for the very useful info you provided. As for Buffalo being a good place to be transferred to, it's hard to say. You had to wait 6 months (since March). I did the 2nd fingerprints in September. The reason for the delay, according to Buffalo, seems to be the security check that they need to get from other agencies. God only knows. Thanks again and all the best.

mmm33

congratulations

rav8tor,

Thanks very much for the very useful info you provided. As for Buffalo being a good place to be transferred to, it's hard to say. You had to wait 6 months (since March). I did the 2nd fingerprints in September. The reason for the delay, according to Buffalo, seems to be the security check that they need to get from other agencies. God only knows. Thanks again and all the best.

mmm33

cogratulations

Congratulations.I am also in the same situation like yours and waiting for interview.Please let me know when did they send you the interview letter.

Thank you again...

Here are some more answers.
- I took the attorney with me. He is from Buffalo.
- I submitted letter of employment when I initially applied to VSC.
- I got my interview letter two weeks after doing the FP AND after security check was finally cleared. My case was a little different due to the huge security check wait time (for no good reason).

Good luck Buffalo guys and everyone else! Good thing about Buffalo is that is not crowded like NYC...

I worked on company project all this weekend-did not have fun. I think it's because I still can't believe it-but I soon will.