employeed since oct 2002
RFE: May 2003
RFE sent: Aug 2003
Case transferred to local office (LA): Oct 21 2003
Interview: 11 March 2004
Interview rescheduled: Apr 12 2004
-------------------------------------

Interview time 8:20 AM at Santa Ana
Came 15 min earlier with attorney. Interview was on time. took 25 min.
Officer asked for EVL, taxes. Checked if my job was similar to original.
No hard questions. Attorney did not interfere.
Stamped passports for me and my wife.
Said green card will be sent in 2 to 8 months.

Thanks for all great people in this forum for help.
Good luck to everybody. Eventually we all get Green Card.

Congratulations!! Enjoy the freedom :).

On this happy occassion why dont you donate to ImmigrationPortal.Org and add your contribution to fellow members.

Did BCIS knew that you left before 180 days

congratulations!!
Please let us know if in the interview the officer knew that you left before 180 days and if it was problem at all.

Thanks

In the RFE reply i included letter explainig when and why i was laid off. Obviously that letter along with my lawyesr ac-21 letter was in my file. I do not know if officer read that letter or not. But he did not ask any questions about me changing jobs.
He just asked if job was similar.

Interview

Vagif,

My case was transferred to San Diego local office for scheduling an interview. Based on your opinion and experience, could you tell me what documents else I have to carry with me for the interview besides their requirement?

Thanks in advance.

ddya:
1. Ask your lawyer, i did.
2. My lawyer told me bring company taxes, my bank statements, house docs, family photos, diplomas and certificates, marriage and birth certificates, references from prevous jobs.

3.None of these were actually asked during interview.

Vagif:

My case was transferred to San Jose office, and interview scheduled on May. 18.

The interview letter lists many documents required.

One of them is "Bring this letter, all Passports and IDs, and medical exam results".

I remember that medical exam results were submited during I485 filing.

Have you been asked for the same document? Please advise.

Yes,

You need to get your medical test done at INS approved doctors.Just last week I gave my interview in Phoenix after being transfered there nearly two years ago. Even though I did my medical when I filed the petition, they still require you need to do fresh medical test before you go for the interview. Infact I was here in Sanjose on Business trip and got it done in Santa Clara.

So get all your papers ready.Take your taxes for atleast last 3 yrs. They verified mine asked for copies also, I did not have. later she said its okay.

Take employment letter etc.

VAGIF,

Did you get any approval letter after you got the stamping??

I got stamped last week after the interview. Waiting for the card now. The stamp says its valid till 2004 April.
But dont they send a approval letter????

let me know.
Thanks.