approved after interview

minknowledge1

Registered Users (C)
It was a Very long wait and now we got it.

Hopefully the details of the interview will help.

Before we took seat the IIO asked us to take an Oath that we will say the truth and nothing but the truth.

Then it started:

IIO opened the file and asked for Employee letter, pay stubs and 2 yrs W2's and Tax returns.

Asked for proof that company could pay, my lawyer had Q10 form some SEC filing by my company.

Birth & marriage certificate.
Not happy with marriage certificate since she thought it was temepered with (not true ofcourse) , really we started to worry but she accepted other proofs that we were married (like our son and his birth certificate, our joint tax returns )

asked me what I was doing before i came to US and experience letters from those companies.

degree certificate was asked

No Re-Medical exam required. If u done it once its done.

I dont think i m missing any other important question by the IIO , If i remember i will put it down here.

Thats it , got the stamp on the passport.

Well, thanks to everybody on this board , its a gr8 source for knowledge and help. Thanks again for all the advise and help I got here.

If there are questions then please post on this board, I will surely be visiting it and try to be as informative as i can be.

Congrats.. Pls take a couple of days off and enjoy some peaceful time with your family

Regards
Ram

minknowledge1...

Congratulations....

My views....

Asking for evidence of ability to pay is common.. if you are working for a startup/small company.

Authenticity of marriage cert maybe an issue if it from outside
US/Canada.

Experience letters are routine to validate relevant experience...

Overall the IIO ensured that supporting docs were in order...

Case details?

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! Enjoy your freedom in this freedom less country.

Can you please post your case details? That will help others to keep track approvals.

--Regards,
Chava.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks & some more details

Started Process Dec- 2000
I-485 ND somewhere Mid-Nov-2001
RFE - Mid-Sept 2003
Case Transferred - Last Week Nov-2003
Interview Letter - 1st Week Feb - 2004
Interview - 1st Week March 2004

Q10 form is something that your company files with SEC (Stock Stuff)

My company is pretty big, if u call a $$ Billion $$ company big.

Marriage Cert. Indian with proper english transalation. But it is handwritten and looks really bad to look at, but original.

Hope this helps.....