Approved after an Interview at Arlington VA!

GC4VP

Registered Users (C)
Hi All-

Both me and my wife got approved for the GC and got it stamped. We both were very anxious and were not sure how things will turn up for us. It took 5 years for my case (and I had waited 2 years to file for I-485 with my wife). All is well that ends well and its a great feeling to have a GC in hand.

We arrived at Arlington INS and dropped the interview letter through the slot 5 minutes before scheduled time. An officer (officer B) appeared after 10 minutes and took us to a room for an interview. Here is the sequence of steps:

1) Fingerprinted our index finger and signed a form
2) Took us to a room and took an oath from us
3) Asked for Job letter
4) I had changed jobs 2-3 times on H1 before coming back to my present employer (My GC sponser) at a lower salary and she asked me why I want to do it and where do I intend to stay (of course with present employer)
5) A checklist of questions whose answers are NO (like status, court cases and all)
6) My Name, Social, Place and date of birth
7) How long I have been married

She turned towards my wife and asked her:
1) Name, Social, Father\'s and Mother\'s first name
2) Where is she working and what does she do?
3) When did she enter US and what visa status
4) How long have we been married
5) Address where we live and day time phone number
After that she turned towards me and asked me about the Affidavit of support (that is the only document I had not taken). She told me to got to 1st floor and bring and fill out the form and wait at the reception area. I did that and waited for her to call me back, she did appear after 15 minutes, saw everything was correct and took an oath from me for the Affidavit of support.

Looked at me smiled for the first time in the whole process and stamped our passports with I-551. We could not believe she was indeed doing that till she congratulated us to say that you are now Permanent Residents.

This feeling is still sinking in and its a great feeling to be relieved. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

-GC receieved for VP

congratulations

Congratulations
This is like a booster for all of us who are waiting