Approved after a long wait in 485 stage

Arjuna

Registered Users (C)
Today I checked the AVM and I was so thrilled to hear the Approval message.
I have to go thou some tough times during this 2 years and 2 month period.
During the process seeked the help of senate office, Congress office. They couldn\'t do much except for giving a detailed description of what is going on. Lost my patience. Kept on checking the msg board every day, AM once a week but only had disappointment. Finally I am relieved.

Here are details of my case:
EB-2, India,
PD - 1/97
Mailed 485 forms to the attorney for filing in Aug- 98. He filed them in 12/98.
ND- 12/98
FP1- 6/99
RFE1 - emp letter, pay stub on 6/23
RFE2 - For Amemded 140, amended 140 got approved on Nov 30 th.
FP expired. Gave new FP on 1/9/01
Approved 2/15. AVM message changed.

Wish you all the best of luck.
Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaing as excellant msg board. I prefer this over ISN.
Thanks

No Title

Congrats Arjuna.
I think your case proves that the so called hold on the REdo cases may not be true afterall.

Thanks
Samyukta

No Title

Samyuktha - You are right, this approval negates the theory of hold on 485 processing for 140 redo\'s!.

Thanks for bringing it up.

No Title

Then why are we not seeing any approvals for I-140 redo cases (Except Arjuna\'s) in the last 2-3 weeks. Earlier these cases used to get approved within 1-2 weeks of i-140 approval. Mine is already a month now since 140 is approved and some other folks are past the 2 months stage. I wish there was no hold on these cases but the trend does not re-affirm my hopes.

No Title

Tailgate - That\'s exactly what I wish too.Arjuna\'s approval serves as a "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak.

I am equally anxious to hear some more case approvals to validate this.

No Title

Congrats! Glad to hear that finally they approved your case.

Added an entry to ImmiTracker.

No Title

Tailgate, Some of them may not post the info after the approval.
One of my friend who is in the same boat as me got approved on 2/6.
He did 140 amended, gave fp again (1/3/01) and got approved on 2/6.

Hang in there.
Thanks

No Title

The similarity in ur and ur friends case is U guys re did FP and may be ur 140 redo was approved a long time back. Hence u are old timers and u might have got approved. I wish what u say is right and there is no hold on 485 approvals for those who re did I-140.

No Title

I sincerely think there is some kind of a hold. It seems to me that Arjuna\'s case is an exception which is pleasant news for Arjuna, obviously but it would be nice if the next lucky caller to get through with VSC asked if there indeed is an hold and the impending future action

No Title

Hello Guys,

I have calledup INS on friday i.e 2/16/01.My I140 Amend was approved in Jan/2001.
Eb3,INDIA,RD/ND: 3/99.

IIO said my case is on HOLD until they here from INS headquarters on these kind of cases.
She said it could take 1 to 2 months.

It\'s really frustating guys...