Approved after a long struggle

gmurugan

Registered Users (C)
Mine and my Wife's I-485 approved on 07/17/2007. It is a such a long struggle with bureaucrats last six months and finally end up smoothly.

Here is the story,

EB3 PD - 10/28/1998 (Substitute Labor)
I-140 RD - May 2004
I-485 RD - 23rd July 2004
I-140 AD - Sep 2004 after sending the approval certification to review. Still the status is saying the same, whereas my employer confirmed that they got the real approval notice.
1st FP (Code 3) - 03/25/2005
Change the employment by July 2005 but not applied AC-21.
2nd FP (Code 1) - 05/12/2007
4 EAD and 4 AP filed and approved for both me and my wife
I-485 LUDs - 04/09/2005 for a long time..
Expected I-485 Approval by June/July 2005 on the stream of approvals, but mine was not approved, but later it stuck in retrogression for about 6 months and then became current by January 2006. Waiting the day my Priority became current but no change for another six months.
Started expediting the request for about 3 times for me and once for my wife, everytime getting either background or security check is pending. Once went to Infopass by beginning of 2007 and found my background check is initiated by July 2005 and still is pending. But my wife's background check is complete.
Then first week of February, I sent the letter to FL, VP, two state senators on the same day for expediting this delay. On March 09th 2007, I noticed the LUD on our cases and finally the case transferred to TSC, follow up on consequent LUD till 03/15. Received the letter from VP in two weeks saying they expedited this request to USCIS and follow up on this I have received the letter from USCIS in a month (end of March 2007) saying the same like background check is not yet complete but visa is available, immediate after getting the background check results we will work your case. Almost the same time period, I got a letter from FBI in regards the letter I sent to FL confirming that the background check is still pending since July 2005 and can't give any ETA for completing this task.
So, I lost the hope and give it up for some time.
End of April 2007, we got a Finger print notice for May 12, 2007 and we did the same on the scheduled date. On May 18th, I received another letter from one of the Senator that confirms all my case detail and confirmed that my background check is done on May 10th and you will be adjudicated soon. Now I saw some light and started expecting the approval anytime. But no change till Mid of June even I saw lot of approvals but not mine. That make me more desperate and frustrate, so fixed the Infopass again but not getting any information this time but IO in Infopass asked me to write TSC. So called again the NSC and create the new expedite request but no response so far. After losing the hopes and high end of frustration, I called the TSC on 07/13/2007 Friday and talked to IO. She did verify my case and said your background check is pending without that we can't adjudicate the case, but my good luck she listened me patiently when I explained her I got the letter from Senator and that mentioned my background completed on May 10th. By getting this answer again she worked little more on my case and finally she told she couldn't trace my background check so we can't do anything but she requested me to fax the senator letter. I did fax the senator letter to her on the same day itself without any hope. Then after I called the Senator office and asked them to fix this differences, but this time senator office is not helpful and they said no visa is available now so we can't do anything but the information we got is true. So, I lost completely all the hopes and decided to wait till October. But surprisingly I received two emails (one for me and one for my wife) the following Tuesday evening on 07/17/2007, I was reading that with the glary eyes which said 'Card Production Order'. The next day 07/18/2007, I received another two emails which said 'Approval Notice Sent'.

Now waiting for the real Card in hand.

question

Hi,

What do we mean by contacting FL, VP?

What exactly this "VP" is? What's the address?

Thanks!

Thanks for your wishes

Thanks everyone for your wishes...

I am residing in CT, and VP means Vice President.

Hi Murugan ,

I think now I have to start struggle with this guys . My case is little typical .
My case was trasnsffered to Newark office(Dec 2004) and my interview was
done in JUly 2005 , and it went and and my case was not approved because of retrogression . Since it ws current my case was approved and they send me letter to get passport stamp if I want . meantime they send my application to Vermount to prepare GC . I went Newark office today and they did not stamp my passport saying that they are doing security check on my case (after case was approved by local office :-( ) so now they said come back after 3 months and check back again . DO YOU PLEASE GUIDE MY HOW I CAN CHECK IF MY SECURITY CHECK IS DONE OR NOT ? whom should I write to check ? how can Senetor office help me here ? This is a typical messed up by USCIS . I really appriciate your help on this one .

Thanks
shailesh

Congrats

Congrats.

Can you tell us what is FL?

Waiting for approval . MY PD is June 2002. Filed 485 in Nov 2004

Please provide more details of contacting FL, VP & senator for the background check. I live in CT

Murugan,

Congratulations! What is the fax no. of TSC?

My name check was cleared back in April, but I am still waiting for the approval.