approved after 5 yrs and 2 denials...And questions

patiencePaidoff

Registered Users (C)
Finally my Case was approved from VSC after 5 years and 2 denials. During this agonizing period, I did 2 LC?s, 2H1B?s, 2 I140?s, 3 I485?s, 3 Medical Exams, 4 FP?s, and numerous EAD?s?.. Here is my incredible journey:

Aug., 1997, filed LC/RIR/EB2 from Washington DC. Labor says Master or BS+2, this turns out to be the source of all troubles?.

Around April 1998, LC approved. Filed I140 EB2

After a few months, got a letter from VSC, said BS+2 only qualifies for EB3.

Two weeks later, got a surprised approval of EB2. Called my incompetent lawyer and was told it was OK. VSC made mistake but we didn?t have to correct it.

China?s priority date was in a crawling pace at that time, so I then had to wait in pain for another year with an approved I140 in pocket?.

July, 1999, EB2/China priority date suddenly jumped, lawyer filed my I485 immediately?This turned out to be fetal, because my case was discovered to be EB3 one year later and my application was 3 weeks earlier than the EB3 dates?

Another painful one year wait till the year of 2000. In August, VSC somehow found out my real category (EB3) and sent an updated I140 to my lawyer?But my fxxxing lawyer did not take it seriously, even did not inform me?

October, 2000, my company decided to cut our branch off?.

November, 2000, got a DENIAL notice for I485?.

December, 2000, damn lawyer decide to file ?motion to reopen? and concurrent EB3 I485 application to VSC?.

January, 2001, I had no choice but move to CA with my new job now (but with the same company)?Started over again H1B, LC, I140, etc?.

June 2001, my ?motion to reopen? was approved, but this did not mean case approval?

November 2001, after one year of first denial, my I485 EB2 was confirmed to be DENIAL without further appeal possibility?.

In the meantime, my third I485 in CA was filed in Dec. 2001?.

April ? June, 2002, got 3 consecutive FP?s from VSC and CSC?.I guess my case was too complicated, even SC?s were confused?.my FP in May was declared ?unclassifiable? and I guess the reason was all were messed up?.

But, surprisingly, my 2nd/EB3 case seems to be approved by VSC on Aug 1 according to the auto message?But I did not have any feeling or emotion when hearing these words?Life was too tough to me?..

But life goes on?.If you are kind enough by reading so far, please answer me a few questions:
1. My CSC I485 is still pending. What?s the best strategy to deal with it? Withdraw? Keep it alive? If withdraw, when is the best timing (after passport stamped or get the card?)
2. What are the possible risks lurking behind my current situation? Could INS revoke my approval after they discover that I have a pending I485 in CSC? Other risks?

Thanks for reading?.May God bless everyone?.

May god bless you :)

With your experience, will easily get an addmission to an immigration law school.

From what I understood from your case, you did not hire a right lawyer to represent your case. Wish you a good luck and things gets straightend up

Congrats!!

Other than saying "Whew! what a story" what else can one say? Congrats once again!! :)

I am sure talking to a good attorney will alleviate your furhter nightmares. There are a lot of good lawyers in California. IMHO, withdrawing as early as possible is the best option, but hey, I am not a lawyer.

I guess even INS will have hard time answering your questions. Best is check with you lawyer or probaly have to go deep in INS guidelines.

Hi, Congratulations.

You may want to check with a really good lawyer. Are you still using the same lawyer when you filed the I485 at CA? If not then why not start from him/her?

Give you a good website. From google.com please check SCEA immigration board.

The difference between this forum and the SCEA board is that we share personal experience here. At SCEA board there is "a friend" who is really knowledgeable and he/she will give advice. But I bet you "a friend" will also advise you to contact lawyer.

Anyway, Congratulations. Your free life is just around the corner. Hang in there one more while.

Dear immigrant

Congratulations on your approval.
Since you have been thru a round of approval and revoking of approval already, why not make sure that this approval of I485 is the real deal before withdrawing from CSC? How to make sure is another question. IMHO, schedule a telephone consultation with Shusterman (or your friendly neighbourhood lawyer) and find out more about the pros and cons of keeping quiet and/or withdrawing from CSC. Hope to hear more good news from you in the future.

good luck to you...