approved after 5 years and 2 denials...and questions...

patiencePaidoff

Registered Users (C)
Finally my Case was approved from VSC after 5 years and 2 denials. During this agonizing period, I did 2 LC?s, 2H1B?s, 2 I140?s, 3 I485?s, 3 Medical Exams, 4 FP?s, and numerous EAD?s?.. Here is my incredible journey:

Aug., 1997, filed LC/RIR/EB2 from Washington DC. Labor says Master or BS+2, this turns out to be the source of all troubles?.

Around April 1998, LC approved. Filed I140 EB2

After a few months, got a letter from VSC, said BS+2 only qualifies for EB3.

Two weeks later, got a surprised approval of EB2. Called my incompetent lawyer and was told it was OK. VSC made mistake but we didn?t have to correct it.

China?s priority date was in a crawling pace at that time, so I then had to wait in pain for another year with an approved I140 in pocket?.

July, 1999, EB2/China priority date suddenly jumped, lawyer filed my I485 immediately?This turned out to be fetal, because my case was discovered to be EB3 one year later and my application was 3 weeks earlier than the EB3 dates?

Another painful one year wait till the year of 2000. In August, VSC somehow found out my real category (EB3) and sent an updated I140 to my lawyer?But my fxxxing lawyer did not take it seriously, even did not inform me?

October, 2000, my company decided to cut our branch off?.

November, 2000, got a DENIAL notice for I485?.

December, 2000, damn lawyer decide to file ?motion to reopen? and concurrent EB3 I485 application to VSC?.

January, 2001, I had no choice but move to CA with my new job now (but with the same company)?Started over again H1B, LC, I140, etc?.

June 2001, my ?motion to reopen? was approved, but this did not mean case approval?

November 2001, after one year of first denial, my I485 EB2 was confirmed to be DENIAL without another further appeal possibility?.

In the meantime, my third I485 in CA was filed in Dec. 2001?.

April ? June, 2002, got 3 consecutive FP?s from VSC and CSC?.I guess my case was too complicated, even SC?s were confused?.my FP in May was declared ?unclassifiable? and I guess the reason was all were messed up?.

But, surprisingly, my 2nd/EB3 case seems to be approved by VSC on Aug 1 according to the auto message?But I did not have any feeling or emotion when hearing these words?Life was too tough to me?..

But life goes on?.If you are kind enough by reading so far, please answer me a few questions:
1. My CSC I485 is still pending. What?s the best strategy to deal with it? Withdraw? Keep it alive? If withdraw, when is the best timing (after passport stamped or get the card?)
2. What are the possible risks lurking behind my current situation? Could INS revoke my approval after they discover that I have a pending I485 in CSC? Other risks?

Thanks for reading?.May God bless everyone?.

Incredible Journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made it. Congrats.

And I don't think they will revoke your approval just because you have one more pending. You can have multiple filings. Just talk to an experienced lawyer abt the timing before withdrawing.

Congrats, Hats off to you !!

Sorry, I don't have answer to your questions.

But I would appreciate if you can pls post your findings later on.

patiencePaidoff

First of all I salute you for your patience, that was some journey, but the bottom line is that you endured all the hardships and made it.

As far as withdrawing your other I485's please consult a good lawyer.

and I thought My case was bad:eek:

Wish you all the best

I salute your patience!

Congrats on your approval! But, it's unbelievable what you went through. It's good to see after all these hassles you finally reached your goal.

Like others said, please consult a good lawyer for your questions.

Good luck!

WOW

WOW... Hats off to you.
Before anything congrats for this incredible journey :)
Wow what a journey. We all pretty much freak out just with simple cases. I really salute to u for ur patience and will power.
Congrats and enjoy ur life.
I have no idea about ur questions as to when to withdraw or to have multiplt I485's.

All the very best... please post any updates.
Sudhi

Hearty Congrats! All the very best for a smooth future

As for your questions, consult an attorney.

You are SOOOO Coool

Hello
After reading ur mail, i was literally cried for you. Mann. How can a person go thru sooo much pain in a shit process to obtain a residency status. I salute mann. You are sooo great. Patiently waiting for ur time to come.

I was sooo furious when my case got transferred to Baltimore last week. I was tensed. I know its going to be delayed. But u know what, by looking at ur case. I dont have to worry. I need to wait for my day to come. I should not whine for nothing.

Ur case taught me a lession, not to worry, keep ur fingers crossed.

YOu deserve ur GC. ENjoy ur freedom

Congratulations...

Wow.. That was a tough road... Anyways Congratulations and it will not pain u no more...

If I were you,
I would first get my passport stamped and will consult a good attorney to deal with INS. It takes 2 or 3 weeks these days to get the plastic card and u will be safe in all ways. There is no solid reason for INS to reject your case.. So enjoy freedom Buddy..

Congratulations!!!

That was a tough ride thru jungles. But you made it. Good luck.

Dont know how to answer your questions. Sorry.

Inform CSC about your Perm Residency

You should not have any problem informing CSC that you already have received 485 approval and would like to withdraw the second 485 Application/Case.

Informing INS Service Center that you no longer intend to continue the 485 application reduces the chance of INS goof up, but legally you are covered.
Congratulations!

Thank you all...

Thanks all !

Guess what, when I heard the VSC messages, I did not have any feeling and emotion....But I'm deeply moved by your words...Especially when I read hhs's message...

All I can say now is THANK YOU and GOD bless all of you....Hope nobody in the future would ever suffer what I had gone through...

BTW, I called my lawyer and he said we would withdrow CSC's application once we receive the approval notice...

In God we trust!

Cant believe it

I just cant believe it.........

UR case is really a extreme......LIKE A BAD DREAM....
And U have gone through all of this....U are extreme of Patience and Optimism......

Well if you go through all of this and come out a winner....
This should give hope to many more...

Once again Congratulaitons and Best of Luck for ths future..

congrats

Hi

My hearty congrats to u and I really appreciate u'r patience.

It was really very inspiring for me. Good luck :)

I dropped my lawyer too...

If one has a bona fide case and can read and write English on this discussion board level - having an attorney is a waste of $$$. THey ( attorneys) have their best interest in mind and they are happy to keep their clients in limbo for years, so they can milk them for more green stuff.

If you withdrew your case from the CSC it would put an end to your GC saga and will let you, basically, turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.