Approved 5/29/01, ND 4/04/00, Company name changed

fy

Registered Users (C)
Finally I received I-485 approval notice last Saturday while I was out of town.

Here is the details:
China/EB3
PD 3/1/99, RD 3/29/00, ND 4/04/00, FP 10/23/00
AD 5/29/01
No RFE (Very lucky)
1 EAD recd on 3/9/01

Company name changed on 1/1/01, filed proactive amended I-140 (RD 3/27/01)
Called INS to change home address (same zip code) 5/24/01.

Thanks all the information here.
Myladoor, I already updated my data at immitracker/vsc (ID:1323, Name:FY)

No Title

Checked INS AVM last night, it still said "INS received you I-485 petitions, and it takes 365 - 540 days to process, blah, blah, blah...

I\'d like to share my info with all you guys. Wish all you good luck.

No Title

Did you get your proactive I-140 approved? If not, I have a strong
feeling that your 485 was approved because the 485 adjudicators probably were not aware of your company name change!
That can only explain why for others, their applications are on
HOLD!!!!

Anyway Congrats!

No Title

I feel that INS made decisions on individual cases, most importantly, depends on the individual flavors of different officers.

Within my company, another colleague filed proactive I140 in 03/2001 also got I485 approved in April without RFE. Other threes who did not do proactive I140, all got RFE. One got approved by provding a letter explaining "sucessor of interest"; the sencond one was asked to do amended I140 by INS and got approved after 4 months; the third one got RFE and still pending

No Title

Congratulations, fy !!! Enjoy your freedom !

Also, thanks a lot for letting all of us know. Gives us all hope !

My details:
PD 01/99 RD 05/00 ND 06/00 FP 10/00

No Title

I\'ll come back tonight to anwser questions should you have.

I think VSC is standing still for I-140 for recent half year.
For what I am understanding, proactive I-140 is considered as regular I-140, INS will only speed up amended 140s if it asked you to do so.

Not sure whether the proactive I-140 really helped me or not, but I paid $600 and filed it anyway.

No Title

Interesting that for the SAME name case, two had
to file I-140 after RFE while other got away with a letter stating
"SUCCESSOR OF INTEREST"!!

No Title

I just spoke to my lawyer. She told me that she has just received an approval for a case where company name changed from Bell Atlantic to Verizon(after Bell Atlantic & GTE merger) without having to do an ammended I-140. Till now that case was on hold.I work for the same company and my situation is identical and am still waiting for approval. Hopefully this means that we will start seeing some I-485 approvals with name change without requiring I-140 in this board soon.