Approved 485

yeehaw!

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I have been a silent member of this forum and used it to obtain info frequently. I just want to share my happiness. Our ( for me and my wife) I485 has been approved on June 2. The details are below.
Also I have a question. What happens next. Will I be sent a plastic card or do I need to stamp my passport and apply for the card. Two friends I talked to gave two different replies. Please inform

Applied NIW & OR I140 + I485 (TSC) on Sep 28
RN- Oct 15
AN for OR Nov3, NIW Nov15
Applied EAD/AP Dec 10
AN EAD Jan 10
AN for AP early Feb
FP - FEB14
485 Approval June 2

Country of Birth - India

You should receive the cards in about a week after your approval. You might already got them or will be getting them this weeek. We got our cards in a week. Congratulations!

Travelling to canada....approval in email...no letter or gc

Hi,

i sent an email to pittsburgh USCIS on the 23rd of may 2006 and reveived the response late in the afternoon that my case has been approved. this is what the email says :
"Your case has been approved. You will be notified by USCIS via correspondence with intructions as to what you need to do next in order to obtain your Permanent Resident Card. "

any idea how long the wait entails ? its been more than 11 business days and I am still waiting. any pointers would be most appreciated. I'm travelling to canada on the 25th of june. I emailed them in hope to get a temporary I-551 stamp but they told me to wait for the approval notice in mail. I already booked my tickets and resort etc. What are my options, if any ?

Thanks
Shon