Approved 2 years ago and still have not received green card?.

ChrisBlazee

Hey,

So I was approved for a green card in October of 2014. It is not August 2016 and I have not even recieved a welcome letter yet. I've been calling them since last year and every time they tell me that the computer says my case is still pending, that it is not even approved yet. My parents got their greencard though. What do I do? I can't get a job or license.

You applied for Adjustment of Status or entered the US with an immigrant visa? If your Adjustment of Status is pending, you should have been able to get (and still can get) an EAD (which will allow you to work, get an SSN, and get a driver's license, etc.) and Advance Parole (which will allow you to re-enter the US) for free, and renew for free for as long as AOS is pending.

As to why your AOS is taking so long, maybe you should contact the CIS ombudsman and/or your Congressional representative.

You have to pay for an EAD which my parents don't want to do since I'm suppose to already have it for free.

We went to the congressional respresentative a couple of months ago they haven't done anything.

It says if you files for permanent residentence before July 30th 2007 it's a $380 filing fee. My parents paid for my last one too.

It says right on the website,
"filing fee for Form I-765 is $380. If you are requesting consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), you must also pay an $85 biometric services fee for a total of $465. There is no biometric services fee for any other eligibility category. Some individuals may be exempt from paying fees. See the form instructions for more information."

It's stupid how this government isn't doing their job. I applied over 7 years ago and got approved 2 years ago and they don't even have it in their system that I'm approved. I'm about to sue because I can't even go to appointments and get my meds filled out because I have no money for transportation and my parents do not support me.

Well if the I-485 was filed after July 30, 2007, you don't need to pay to apply for EAD and/or AP. You should figure out exactly when you filed before you rule out applying for EAD/AP for free.

Well if the I-485 was filed after July 30, 2007, you don't need to pay to apply for EAD and/or AP. You should figure out exactly when you filed before you rule out applying for EAD/AP for free.

Well I know I have to pay for it because my mom paid for all of ours a few years ago. For two years shes been refusing to buy me another one because she says "your greencard can come tomorrow for all you know". And then she refuses to feed me or give me money for transportation to go to appointments and get meds refilled so I don't know what to do.